Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Bullshit smoking ban

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LEAD

LEAD

The Bullshit smoking ban Empty
PostSubject: The Bullshit smoking ban   The Bullshit smoking ban EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 3:45 pm

Thoughts on the Bullshit smoking ban and the lame asses who run and snitch on the business owner who does not enforce it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

PostSubject: My thoughts?   The Bullshit smoking ban EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 5:32 pm

The ban is a gross violation of private property rights.

The buisiness belongs to the owner or leasor who ought to have the final say since he owns or has paid for the use of this porperty.

According to the 5th ammendment of the Bill of Rights;

"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

and I direct your attention specifically to;

"......nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

Well, a man who is told that people may not smoke on his property is being denied the full use and enjoyment ofhis property without just compensation for the loss of that use.

how did we get into the situation where people sheepishly permit tyrants to dictate to them what they may or may not do on their own property?

It started back with the Civil Rights Act of '64 when private property was re-defined as "public" and people bought it under the false pretext that the private property in question was more or less open to buisiness from the general public. In effect, private property has been "taken for public use". Yes, it's casuistry, a clever lie based upon false premises, but enough people bought it that it stuck.
Back to top Go down
eaglesniper00

eaglesniper00

PostSubject: Re: The Bullshit smoking ban   The Bullshit smoking ban EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 8:22 pm

in my opinon it can go both ways. your denying the smokers the right to smoke, but at the same time your denying the people who don't smoke the right to enjoy a smoke free place to enjoy an activity. so no matter what you do you will make someone mad.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

PostSubject: Private Property Rights;   The Bullshit smoking ban EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 11:38 pm

eaglesniper00 wrote:
in my opinon it can go both ways. your denying the smokers the right to smoke, but at the same time your denying the people who don't smoke the right to enjoy a smoke free place to enjoy an activity. so no matter what you do you will make someone mad.

If private property rights are respected then no one is denied anything, the owner decides over that which he owns and would be patrons decide of their own free will where they will do their buisiness. This simple arrangement cuts the lawyers and politicians out of the equation, which they abhor, and this explains why we have laws which shouldn't be laws.

When any man's right to dispose of their property as they see fit is infringed upon then our own right to do the same has become that much less secure.

All rights are property rights when you get down to it;

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Property involved; Your conscience, your thoughts, your words.

Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Property Involved; Firearms, also your right to defend with force every other possession which is your property including those invoked in the first amendment.

Amendment III
No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Property Involved; Your domicile.

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Property involved; Your chattels, pretty much all that you own excepting real estate.

I think y'all get the idea.

Disclaimer; I do not smoke although I do enjoy smokeless tobacco. Tobacco smoke makes my sinuses slam shut, my wife does not smoke either but she wears contacts which means that smoke irritates her eyes, so we do avoid smokey places whenever possible but we would still preferr that everyone's rights were respected since it could be our turn to "take one for the team" tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: The Bullshit smoking ban   The Bullshit smoking ban EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 12:03 pm

Hilter had a smoking ban.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bullshit smoking ban   The Bullshit smoking ban Empty

Back to top Go down

The Bullshit smoking ban
Page 1 of 1