Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good books worth reading

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rotorgirl

Good books worth reading Empty
PostSubject: Good books worth reading   Good books worth reading EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 3:39 am

Thought this might be intersting to share any good books one recently read:

Outrage: by Dick Morris and Eileen MoGann
You probably can't stop reading this till finished. Tells of congressional ripoffs, illegal immigration, drug company rips offs, karina victims, teacher unions, the ACLU etc.
Can be found at Amazon.com, bookstores, Libraries.
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: Good books worth reading   Good books worth reading EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 5:17 am

I had taken this book out from the library and only got to scan though it. I will have to get it again and read the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

PostSubject: One of my favorites;   Good books worth reading EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 10:20 pm

"Enemies Foreign and Domestic" by Matthew Bracken study

http://www.amazon.com/Enemies-Foreign-Domestic-Matthew-Bracken/dp/0972831010/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1206839242&sr=8-2

Sample Review;

A Glimpse Of The Near Future?, October 7, 2007
By H. J. Rossi (Shawnee Mission, KS USA) - See all my reviews

In "Enemies Foreign and Domestic" author Matthew Bracken lays out a 568-page novel of a power hungry, out of control leader of a Federal SWAT team type organization who engineers a contrived sniper-driven massacre at a local football stadium.

Character development is excellent, and don't let the book's mass deter you; this is a fast paced page-turner with some innovative, creative and believable plot twists.

On the heels of stadium sniper shooting, extreme anti-gun legislation is ram rodded through a spineless congress, aided of course by the lazy and clueless Main Stream Media. Using the guise of "national safety" and the Homeland Security Department, the Patriot Act is the vehicle by which funds are obtained and draconian laws passed attacking the Second Amendment, no-knock warrants requirements and government seizures of property. Regardless of your political leanings, you'll recognize some of these measures as being as fresh as last night's newscast.

The plot's several interesting developments centers on the efforts to battle these extreme new laws and expose the diabolical true facts behind the stadium murders.

A rare (for this reviewer), well deserved 5-star effort, and I think the reader will enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

PostSubject: Another excellent read.............   Good books worth reading EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 10:42 pm

"THE THIRD REVOLUTION" by Greg Kay

http://www.geocities.com/thethirdrevolution/3rdrevolution.html

It's the 21st Century...

and the South is rising again!

At last! A novel about a second War for Southern Independence from the Southern perspective by a Southern Nationalist!

When a demonstration over a Confederate Flag goes horribly wrong, two strangers - police officer Frank Gore and reporter Samantha Norris - find themselves thrown together and running for their lives. Labeled as terrorists and pursued through a South torn by depression, racial tension and martial law, their only chance for survival lies with a bitterly divided band of Rebel guerrillas. Faced with a conflict that threatens to divide both the Union and the races irrevocably, and the growing realization that there are no good guys in war, only survivors, they begin to wonder if it is really much of a chance at all

Torn by duty, allegiance, and their own growing closeness, in a world where nothing is what it seems and no one can be trusted, they are forced to answer the ultimate question.

I've read this book myself and I have to say that it's a first rate effort. Well written, intelligent, and intrigueing, it will capture your full attention from cover to cover. ~Jimbob

Good books worth reading 3rdrevcovlayersm
Back to top Go down
rotorgirl

PostSubject: Re: Good books worth reading   Good books worth reading EmptySun May 18, 2008 12:16 am

God's Brothel: Andrea Moore-Emmett, book that deals with polygamy, of 18 women who escaped their stories of life in those so called religious groups. Of every story there was extensive abuse to both women and children.
It is so hard to imagine this kind of life style exsisits in the USA.......time to re-write the constitution apparently on the freedom of religion. Obviously its protecting the wrong people. With the recent Texas situation this book backs up the life style that was reported.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

PostSubject: Re-write the first amendment?   Good books worth reading EmptySun May 18, 2008 10:25 am

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

There's no need to re-write that rotorgirl, the first amendment only restricts the actions of congress. The state of Texas is free,within the bounds proscribed by their state constitution, to pass whatever laws restricting cults and such that they please. Of course, the power mad feds have interpreted the illegally ratified 14th amendment as applying federal strictures to all components of govt., but "congess" is specifically identified by the first amendment which doesn't even apply to the other two branches of the federal govt.. The 14th needs to be officially repealed, it was illegally ratified and fits in with the rest of the Bill of Rights like a cordorouy patch on silk pajamas. Think about it, the first ten ammendments focused upon limiting the scope and power of the federal govt. whereas the 14th, ramroded through the process by the radical republican congress of our reconstruction era, basically undoes the work of the first ten amendments and gives the federal govt. basically unlimited power and supremacy over the states. This is not too awfull surprising since the intent was to codify into law the results of the War between the States after the fact.

Last edited by Jimbob_Rebel on Sun May 18, 2008 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

PostSubject: It's a shame...........   Good books worth reading EmptySun May 18, 2008 10:27 am

It's a shame more people don't post their picks here. It makes for good conversation and there are no wrong answers!
Back to top Go down
LEAD

LEAD

PostSubject: Re: Good books worth reading   Good books worth reading EmptySun May 18, 2008 1:12 pm

Does the Library have audio books and before you say it taxpayer yes I can read. I just don't have the time because I'm always on the road
Back to top Go down
LEAD

LEAD

PostSubject: Re: Good books worth reading   Good books worth reading EmptySun May 18, 2008 1:16 pm

One of my favorites is Art Bell's The Quickening
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good books worth reading   Good books worth reading Empty

Back to top Go down

Good books worth reading
Page 1 of 1