Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Black friday

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CoshoctonTaxpayer

CoshoctonTaxpayer

Black friday Empty
PostSubject: Black friday   Black friday EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 4:57 pm

Did anyone get up and go shopping this morning? If so feel free to tell us how it was. I didnt go but i did see on CNN where a Walmart employee in New York was trampled to death when shoppers broke down the door and ran over him/her.
Back to top Go down
Duskie

Duskie

Black friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black friday   Black friday EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 10:39 am

My friend and I went! Got up at 4am to get to wal-mart. We both only had a limited amount of money to get for 3 kids. I'm happy to say I am done, and I think I did pretty good!! We went to wal-mart first. That was crazy!!! Some things weren't where they normally are found, but they gave you a map when you walked-in. We were there for about a half-hour and they actually had check-out lines open!! It took longest to get away from the back of the store! People where a little crazy, but not like in New York and the other place where a woman got knocked down and stepped on. She died in the hospital.
Having the stores open at different times helped alot to. We were pretty much the first people at all the stores. Big lots didn't really have alot, but what they had was a pretty good deal. I think I got the most at wal-greens.
I'm glad I'm done and the kids will have a few things to open.
Back to top Go down
attack-cat

attack-cat

Black friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black friday   Black friday EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 11:14 am

I was at Walmart late in the afternoon and some of the items were still on sale. There weren't many shoppers out and about. I waited behind one lady in line to checkout. I could have gone down to another checker but she sneezed and was coughing and I didn't feel like getting whatever she had. I bet she didn't have many people go through her line!
Back to top Go down
grooveykindoflove

grooveykindoflove

Black friday Empty
PostSubject: OMG   Black friday EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 2:31 pm

OMG I have never seen Walmart that busy! We have been doing Black Friday for a very long time and have never seen so many people! The parking lot was almost full at 4:30 a.m. and full at 5:30. It was crazy, but when we got up to Canton it was not so bad at 7, Target did not have any carts but we found one sitting in an aisle. The check outs went all the way around the store but went quickly. Usually there are no parking spots at that time but there were! All in all I found that by 8:30 it was clearing out and that is not how years past have been.

I think it was a record day but I bet the season is way down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Black friday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black friday   Black friday Empty

Back to top Go down

Black friday
Page 1 of 1