Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Regulation On Health Care

Go down 
AuthorMessage
madcow

madcow

New Regulation On Health Care Empty
PostSubject: New Regulation On Health Care   New Regulation On Health Care EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 7:33 pm

Under a new regulation poised to become law any day now, any health-care worker may refuse to perform procedures, offer advice or dispense prescriptions (including birth control) if doing so would offend their "religious beliefs or moral convictions." affraid

I watched CNN the other night about this, and I don't think people realize what this will mean for the average Joe. Does this mean if I were a gay person I could be turned down for care by health workers or by my doctor? What if I belong to a church that my doctor doesn't like? What if I go to ER and the only doctor on duty doesn't like the fact I've been married more than once? They could refuse to care for me or anyone else they see fit not to treat, and let them die? No
Back to top Go down

New Regulation On Health Care
Page 1 of 1