Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!

Go down 
+4
grooveykindoflove
easyrider
madcow
MissCyainide
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MissCyainide

MissCyainide

FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! Empty
PostSubject: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 6:20 am

i am sick of these pot holes! there so freakin big! there so bad they have messed the fuel injector in my boyfriends car! this is some bs! THEY NEED TO FIX THEM I DONT CARE THAT ITS COLD OUT BOO WOOO FREAKIN FIX THEM! its really screwing up our cars! asshole
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 6:34 am

They don't have the salt for the ice on the roads, how are they going to fix the pot holes that are still left over from last winter?

Does anyone know just what the financial state is here is Coshocton? Are we really out of salt for the roads because we don't have money to buy it? Does anyone know the real truth? What about the funding for our schools. Is it really as bad as they say, or just wanting more tax money?
Back to top Go down
easyrider

easyrider

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 12:25 am

This is OHIO..We have winter here..You know,,rain,freezing rain,,sleet,,snow,ice..And salt has to be used to melt this shit...Potholes are a way of life in this part of the country...sheeesh Rolling Eyes

Last edited by easyrider on Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 1:36 am

Welcome new poster! Seems like a ghost town around here.

Was hoping someone could give me a clue about the state of Coshocton. But after reading that they are going to close the garage, I guess that says alot! But yet I see they are able to give raises out! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
MissCyainide

MissCyainide

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 12:43 am

well the c-towns roads are gettin worse! the struts in my boyfriends car are going bad now! them pot wholes are really screwin up the car! who do i talk to about this?
Back to top Go down
grooveykindoflove

grooveykindoflove

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 8:57 pm

The city service director or the other dude that is in charge of the maintenance can not remember what the heck his official position in life is? Rob Duffy is his name
Back to top Go down
Ohio madman

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 3:17 am

MY understanding is that they didn't buy enough salt to get through a winter like we have had. Highway departments usually buy based on an average winter, and then plan to purchase more if needed. The problem here(and it isn't just Coshocton) is that the price of salt shot up because of the demand,and they can't buy the amount they need for the money budgeted for it. Coshocton isn't alone in this- a lot of smaller communities in the snow belt are having the same problem.
Salt isn't the solution to potholes, though. Excessive salting can actually accelerate pothole formation, as can leaving the ice and snow on the streets until it thaws out. Both situations allow ice to melt and re-freeze daily. When the water gets under the pavement and re-freezes, you get potholes.
Until the asphalt plants start production, there isn't much they can do to patch the holes. About all they can do is pour gravel in the and wait for spring.
Back to top Go down
LEAD

LEAD

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 4:02 pm

Here is the real reason why we have so many potholes in this stinking putrid filthy town and why you hardly ever see city workers out and about.

Back to top Go down
easyrider

easyrider

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 8:57 pm

LEAD wrote:
Here is the real reason why we have so many potholes in this stinking putrid filthy town and why you hardly ever see city workers out and about.

Damn..I'm hungry...I think I'll go have some donuts..
Back to top Go down
papa

papa

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 4:55 pm

MissCyainide wrote:
well the c-towns roads are gettin worse! the struts in my boyfriends car are going bad now! them pot wholes are really screwin up the car! who do i talk to about this?

A friend of mine drives a s10 blazer 4x4, she hit a hole big enough to drop both front wheels in at once. Well of course now the front end is messed up. She called the sheriff and had a report wrote up, the sheriff told her to call city hall. My feelings are ...." good luck with that".

But, I will let ya know if she gets any response out of City Hall, even if it's just a " sorry about your luck". That is what I think they will tell her , anyway.

Peace......
Back to top Go down
papa

papa

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 4:57 pm

Ohio madman wrote:
MY understanding is that they didn't buy enough salt to get through a winter like we have had. Highway departments usually buy based on an average winter, and then plan to purchase more if needed. The problem here(and it isn't just Coshocton) is that the price of salt shot up because of the demand,and they can't buy the amount they need for the money budgeted for it. Coshocton isn't alone in this- a lot of smaller communities in the snow belt are having the same problem.
Salt isn't the solution to potholes, though. Excessive salting can actually accelerate pothole formation, as can leaving the ice and snow on the streets until it thaws out. Both situations allow ice to melt and re-freeze daily. When the water gets under the pavement and re-freezes, you get potholes.
Until the asphalt plants start production, there isn't much they can do to patch the holes. About all they can do is pour gravel in the and wait for spring.

not true, you can still buy cold patch. Its not nearly as good as hot mix, though.
Back to top Go down
MissCyainide

MissCyainide

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 5:15 pm

every day it seems like the roads are getting worse and worse. for real. the wholes look like there geting bigger to. why can they fix them?
Back to top Go down
papa

papa

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 5:18 pm

they are broke.............no money, prolly the case.
Back to top Go down
Ohio madman

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 7:27 pm

Cold patch is expensive too and doesn't last very long, because they can't compress it enough to hold up from the pounding it gets from car and truck tires. Most road departments try to avoid it for that reason. They prefer to pour gravel in it because it is cheap, and wait until they can get hot patch to do a permanent fix. Businesses with asphalt parking lots often use cold patch, but they don't have the traffic that roads have.
Wasn't there a post in the old Tribune forum a couple years ago about somebody getting their whole car stuck in a pothole at the Plaza? I remember it because it was funny.
Back to top Go down
papa

papa

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 9:04 pm

Ohio madman wrote:
Cold patch is expensive too and doesn't last very long, because they can't compress it enough to hold up from the pounding it gets from car and truck tires. Most road departments try to avoid it for that reason. They prefer to pour gravel in it because it is cheap, and wait until they can get hot patch to do a permanent fix. Businesses with asphalt parking lots often use cold patch, but they don't have the traffic that roads have.
Wasn't there a post in the old Tribune forum a couple years ago about somebody getting their whole car stuck in a pothole at the Plaza? I remember it because it was funny.

i know this I worked at a gravel/ asphalt plant for over 5 years. I dug most of the material used in the four lane, from newark to trinway. I was just saying there are other options, besides hotmix. You are corrrect, cold patch is a quick fix, and doesn't last very long.
Back to top Go down
attack-cat

attack-cat

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 10:53 pm

Sometimes I think they would do better to tear up the blacktop and gravel it all. Then they could just run a grader down it every now and then!
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 11:43 pm

Why not just remove the pavement down to the bricks. Are all the streets in Coshocton bricked?
Back to top Go down
MissCyainide

MissCyainide

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 9:56 pm

they just need to do something about them. go back to brick would be different
Back to top Go down
papa

papa

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:21 pm

MissCyainide wrote:
they just need to do something about them. go back to brick would be different

brick would be fine if you drive a gay little car with a soft suspension, but ride in my truck across a brick road and you will change your mind, if not I would turn around and go fast enough to change it for you.............lmao.
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:36 pm

Give us a break, we never had driven on brick roadways before. We were just wondering. But what will happen to our roads, once we have no money to fit them? And it won't be long before the town, the state, and the country has no money. How long before we will all be give IOU's. We might be trading chickens for doctor visits like the good old days if things keep up.
Back to top Go down
papa

papa

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:48 pm

madcow wrote:
Give us a break, we never had driven on brick roadways before. We were just wondering. But what will happen to our roads, once we have no money to fit them? And it won't be long before the town, the state, and the country has no money. How long before we will all be give IOU's. We might be trading chickens for doctor visits like the good old days if things keep up.

lol, chill...can't a guy joke around a bit?....hell if you want to drive on brick ,there are some in coshocton, lots of them in Mt vernon, too.
Back to top Go down
MissCyainide

MissCyainide

PostSubject: the state of coshocton!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 5:18 pm

if this lil town that has now trouble with the roads cant fix a few potholes or buy salt or keep repairs up how far away from the way calafornia are we? i mean the dmv in cali is now shut down and there broke how long till the state of ohio also goes broke and has to lay off the dmv or better yet the law enforcement or the city officals its a sad site this day and age where people we vote in to run this place we live cant budget money but yet u dont see them waintin for anything but those of us that have to work to put food in our bellys or gas in our cars have to drive more then an hour most times to just make it to the next payday what chance do the kids in this town have for a future in this town i see in the next ten years this being a ghost town a city of the past !and not only will roscoe village be a tourist attration but the whole town will be its a shame we now have to drive to new philly or zanesville or columbus to do anything no wonder we have a high rate of kids dropin out and ruining away i dont blame them at all what future do they have but to collect welfare or get on disabilaty to make it in this town! i mean comeon if this ruffles ur feathers then this may pertain to u! as a young person in this messed up town it relly saddens me that i as a future adult in this town am now ashamed of where im from and where i was raised get off ur asses and fix the true problmes ur fat ass pockets and take a pay cut bring jobs to this comunity make it a better place for me to say im proud to be from coshocton make me proud to have a job in my comunity insted of trying to figuer out where my next meal will be on my plate or on the street
Back to top Go down
attack-cat

attack-cat

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 8:48 pm

The city and the state are both failing fast here. They have wasted money for so long that they are addicted to it. California's current economic status is where the states are all headed. When Ronald Reagan was the gov they had a surplus of money and he asked the people to vote whether or not they wanted a refund and the people said no. Now they might as well file for bankruptcy.

One thing about government - they are not your friend. Do not rely on them to be there with food or water in an emergency. Or blankets in the cold. Network with friends and take care of each other and yourself. Don't get in debt. Stock some food for hard times and learn a skill that will always be needed. Advice from a ... middleaged ...yeah I like that .... middleaged person!
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 1:52 am

Could not have said it better Cat! Funny thing I heard on Cnn a pond shop owner talling people to pile rice and canned good. We both are ahead of the game!
Back to top Go down
Ohio madman

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 5:46 pm

Cities and states running out of highway funds for salt and pothole repair is nothing new. Again, most highway(street) departments budget for average winters and usually get thrown for a loop when we get a severe winter or two, such as we have had the past couple years. The same thing happened in 1977 and 1978, and the winter of 93-94. The other interesting factor in those periods and the current one is which party controlled the Ohio legislature. I know th answer but I'll let you look it up. The same party also had control of the Congress during those same periods.I might also add that Federal highway funding to the states had also been cut during each of those times and now.
This isn't just a local problem.
Brick streets seem to hold up beter than asphalt streets do under most conditions. The problem is, when they tear up portions of those streets to work on utilities, they don't put them back they way they found them. The streets become bumpy and hard to drive on to the point where the cities just blacktop them. Mount Vernon has a ordinance that requires the streets to be put back in original condition after utility work, so their brick streets are still in good shape. Coshocton's ordinance came after a lot of the damage was done, so most of the streets now have asphalt on them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!   FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES! Empty

Back to top Go down

FIX THE DAMN POT HOLES!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Coshocton :: THUMBS DOWN-
Jump to: