Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ohio Governor Proposes Slashing Public Library Funding

Go down 
AuthorMessage
madcow

madcow

Ohio Governor Proposes Slashing Public Library Funding Empty
PostSubject: Ohio Governor Proposes Slashing Public Library Funding   Ohio Governor Proposes Slashing Public Library Funding EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 12:33 pm

http://lisnews.org/ohio_governor_proposes_slashing_public_library_funding

Ohio Governor Ted Strickland has proposed cutting Ohio Public Library Fund by a jaw dropping $227,000,000 in his biennium budget. This could possibly cause the closure of many libraries relying solely on state support. Ohio is home to many of the nations highest ranked and rated public libraries.

I picked up a few things the other day at our library and they gave me some info and numbers to call, if this passes the library in West Lafayette my have to be closed, and the bookmoble. And the Library my have limited hours to be open. It's sad because a lot of people like me use the Library, and where else can people get movies for free that are having trouble making ends meet?

My take on it, what better way to stop the flow of information to the people. I hope people will stop by the library and get the list of people to call and help save our library's!
Back to top Go down

Ohio Governor Proposes Slashing Public Library Funding
Page 1 of 1