Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Devils' Washbowl

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rotorgirl

The Devils' Washbowl Empty
PostSubject: The Devils' Washbowl   The Devils' Washbowl EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 2:45 am

Ok all you coshocton historical buffs.........can you find the "devils washbowl"? Question Question
Back to top Go down
LEAD

LEAD

PostSubject: Re: The Devils' Washbowl   The Devils' Washbowl EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 1:24 pm

The Red Sea?
Back to top Go down
rotorgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Devils' Washbowl   The Devils' Washbowl EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 1:32 am

Sorry but its out 36 west toward Nellie, near that darling run cemetary.....was the high rock like cliff area, up on top an hole is believed to be carved out by the prehistoric indian tribe.
I did a great deal of coshocton county research for fun.....and while at the library one day found this old coshocton county book, with all this neat stuff in it!
Back to top Go down
LEAD

LEAD

PostSubject: Re: The Devils' Washbowl   The Devils' Washbowl EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 3:18 am

I live out towards Warsaw and I'm having a brain fart where is this grave yard you have me very interested in this place now. Can you give me more details please?
Back to top Go down
rotorgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Devils' Washbowl   The Devils' Washbowl EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 1:02 pm

I will write this for public info, since lead I wrote you a little about it.

cemetary was US 36 west beyond warsaw, toward nellie on right, best on my calculations it was on top the cliff like hill on the curve. a large farm was on the left going west, and a camp ground before that...past the bus driver's place Ann Mcgrady, I think she has passed away....., but its in that area.

It was a hollowed out area from rock that was believed to be used by the prehistoric indians for I believe ceremonial type use.
Back to top Go down
LEAD

LEAD

PostSubject: Re: The Devils' Washbowl   The Devils' Washbowl EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 2:08 pm

WOW now I know I had a brain fart and yes I do know where the cemetery is now. I will be looking for this place this summer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Devils' Washbowl   The Devils' Washbowl Empty

Back to top Go down

The Devils' Washbowl
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Coshocton :: COSHOCTON TRIVIA-
Jump to: