Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Road Conditions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CoshoctonTaxpayer

CoshoctonTaxpayer

Road Conditions Empty
PostSubject: Road Conditions   Road Conditions EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 5:28 pm

Is it me or are the roads in coshocton downright horrible? The roads have craters like me live in a war zone. I would think if they budgeted yearly they could just pave one street a year.
Back to top Go down
grooveykindoflove

grooveykindoflove

Road Conditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road Conditions   Road Conditions EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 12:08 am

I wonder why don't we go back to brick, if you look in those huge holes most still have the bricks under them. I think it would be nastalgec, and would it not be cheaper? The bricks seem to be holding up, at least for side streets and Main, really any street that does not have big trucks on them all the time????
Back to top Go down
LEAD

LEAD

Road Conditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road Conditions   Road Conditions EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 2:26 am

I wonder why the street Dept don't get off there ass's and work at night to fill the damn things
Back to top Go down
grooveykindoflove

grooveykindoflove

Road Conditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road Conditions   Road Conditions EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 1:38 am

Are we the only ones that know about this site? I think that the union has protected too many of them over the years and now they only do what they have to. I am not anti-union, just saying cause it is true about them.
Back to top Go down
LEAD

LEAD

Road Conditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road Conditions   Road Conditions EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 3:36 am

I agree about the Union part because it seems that you just do not see that many street dept employees anywhere working. Unless it's riding around or scratching there ass.
Back to top Go down
papa

papa

Road Conditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road Conditions   Road Conditions EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 8:02 pm

Ihear ya, the roads are CRAPPY, but they are that way everywhere. I work in NEWARK and the roads there are CRAPPY also Exclamation
Back to top Go down
LEAD

LEAD

Road Conditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road Conditions   Road Conditions EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 8:32 pm

Yea your right Papa I was in Mt Vernon today and some of the roads there are still shitty
Back to top Go down
grooveykindoflove

grooveykindoflove

Road Conditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road Conditions   Road Conditions EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 10:11 pm

Hey papa you said CRAPPY....I like this site....The roads stink big time. Mad
Back to top Go down
eaglesniper00

eaglesniper00

Road Conditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road Conditions   Road Conditions EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 7:16 am

groovey i agree with you, brick would be better, though it does cost more to put down, but sooo much cheaper and easy to repair. so in the long run it would be cheaper. the only problem is that the road crews we have right now don't seem to be doing anything. i keep an eye on the huge ones and i see nothing being done with them. like second street by ohio heritage, and the ones on walnut. tsk tsk coshocton.
Back to top Go down
grooveykindoflove

grooveykindoflove

Road Conditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road Conditions   Road Conditions EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 12:00 am

I just look at them every time I drive on side streets and think, wow if we take up this asphalt the brick is still good. I understand it will not work on busier streets but why not take it back down to the brick as each side street needs re-done. I would think that in the long run it would be more cost effective. jocolor

cheers And thank you to Coshocton Taxpayer for settting this up. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Road Conditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road Conditions   Road Conditions Empty

Back to top Go down

Road Conditions
Page 1 of 1