Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

harts gravel hill

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rotorgirl

harts gravel hill Empty
PostSubject: harts gravel hill   harts gravel hill EmptyTue May 06, 2008 3:14 am

ok old timers, can we find it?
Back to top Go down
easyrider

easyrider

harts gravel hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: harts gravel hill   harts gravel hill EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:40 am

harts gravel hill?? Could you mean "hardscrabble"?
Back to top Go down
CoshoctonTaxpayer

CoshoctonTaxpayer

harts gravel hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: harts gravel hill   harts gravel hill EmptyTue May 06, 2008 12:48 pm

harts gravel that i know of is the area of 20th st
Back to top Go down
easyrider

easyrider

harts gravel hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: harts gravel hill   harts gravel hill EmptyWed May 07, 2008 12:45 am

That is the place I had in mind..Used to be a coal mine there that went through the hill..entrance on both sides.. That was in the early 1900's,,i believe,,even as late as 1920 or later
Back to top Go down
CoshoctonTaxpayer

CoshoctonTaxpayer

harts gravel hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: harts gravel hill   harts gravel hill EmptyWed May 07, 2008 1:12 am

had lots of family grow up there
Back to top Go down
rotorgirl

harts gravel hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: harts gravel hill   harts gravel hill EmptyWed May 07, 2008 12:42 pm

Rolling Eyes I think I'm losing it, I posted a reply to the hart's gravel hill and lost it......dementia has arrived Shocked
I'll try again......541 west just out of coshocton,pass thru Roscoe on 541W, they since have redone the road, but the hill is still there, close to a junk yard. I always would remember my grandpa warning me when I started driving, out of coshocton home in bad weather to be careful there. then years later I was on squad, and they dispatched us to harts gravel hill,nobody knew but me where to go.......

good job on the tunnel of tunnel hill.......I think its still out there, most likely collapsed, to bad some one can't reclaim it and make it an historical site, even if just the opening. my grandpa also hauled coal out of there. I tried several times to find it without luck, then some one told me it was closer to wood bury area.

Historical tour, wouldn't it be fun to get a group together(truck pool) will need 4WD for some places, and hunt out these old history places....digitally photograph them, write the history and compile a book.......especially summer or fall, when the country colors are great.....you all decide when, I'll be up I got the camera equipment.....sorry my convertible is a pansy affraid won't go on back roads.....!!!
Back to top Go down
easyrider

easyrider

harts gravel hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: harts gravel hill   harts gravel hill EmptyThu May 08, 2008 12:35 am

I must have missed Tunnel Hill post...I visited the old railroad tunnel a couple of years ago..One end has collapsed,but the other end near the Woodbury campground is still clear..But you would have to have a boat or canoe to get inside,cause it's full of water...The railroad tunnel at Stonecreek is open,,or I should say it hasn't collapsed..It has a fence at each end..I walked through from one end to the other last year..Also ,the one south of newcomerstown is clear,,but full of water... If you like ghost stories and haunted stuff,,the Moonville tunnel in Vinton county is an interesting place..
Back to top Go down
Ohio madman

harts gravel hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: harts gravel hill   harts gravel hill EmptyThu May 28, 2009 1:59 am

Been to the moonville tunnel. It is worth the trip. read more about it on the haunted ohio website
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

harts gravel hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: harts gravel hill   harts gravel hill Empty

Back to top Go down

harts gravel hill
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Coshocton :: COSHOCTON TRIVIA-
Jump to: