Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I say send there asses to another Country

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LEAD

LEAD

I say send there asses to another Country Empty
PostSubject: I say send there asses to another Country   I say send there asses to another Country EmptySat May 10, 2008 1:34 pm

Nothing more then trying to make a statement and get your 15 minutes of fame across the country. I'm sick of these type of punks who have to get attention. But of course we all know there parents are probably sitting in the back room sucking on there pipe and waiting for the media to whisk them away.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354864,00.html
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

I say send there asses to another Country Empty
PostSubject: Loyalties...........   I say send there asses to another Country EmptyThu May 15, 2008 1:25 pm

I've done a lot of thinking myself upon this topic recently.

It wasn't long ago that a girl in a school somewhere or other refused to say the pledge and based her objections upon religious grounds. She is a christian and doesn't feel that she can pledge "allegiance" to any king other than Jesus. One could argue that the pledge is understood to be a pledge to a temporal power, but I wouldn't ask the gal to do anything she felt would come between her and the Lord.

I personaly object to the phrase;"one nation indivisible". This statement strikes at the core of the most important and drastic constitutional recourse against federal tyranny; secession. I suppose one would have to decide whether one cherishes empire over the republic, the political regeime over liberty, and there's no right or wrong answer since it is a subjective decision based upon personal values. Speaking for myself, I've noticed that empires don't actually do much to enrich it's subjects. (reference Rudyard Kipling's poem; "White Man's Burden"). For most of us it just means that we get to make
the sacrifices and do the bleeding for others who reap the rewards.

What I'm about to say will in all likelyhood be mis-interpreted, but I ask all who read this to first consider the fact that "the government" is a seperate entity from "the people". When the nazis invaded Russia, the people were not too keen to fight and die to protect "Uncle Joe" or the communist regeime from the aparantly unstoppable armored spearheads of the german invaders. Later, when an appeal was made to defend, not the communist regeime, but "Mother Russia", the people responded and found the heart to resist the invaders with all they had. There is a difference between a "nation", which is a group of people sharing in common blood, history, heritage and religion, and a government which just is the political regieme which happens to hold governing authority over one or several nations.

Communist party = regeime or government.

Russia = the Russian people, kinsmen.

Of course, this relationship may easilly be extrapolated for other settings such as our own.

Now that I've set the context;

Loyalty is a two way street. The regeime is not "loyal" to my kinsmen, the whites of european descent who founded this republic and carved a civilization from the north american wilderness. The regeime has established laws forbidding discrimination against all others but which mandate discrimination against whites in the form of "affirmative action", quotas and set asides for minority contractors. The spokesmen and figureheads of the regeime, including Bill Clinton, have likewise cheerfully predicted that my people shall be a minority in this, our own nation, by 2050. Sorry, but their joyous dancing upon the planned gravesite of my people does nothing to endear our "masters" to me.

I do understand where you're coming from Lead, and time was my reaction might have been near the same as yours, but times have changed and I believe we all need to re-assess the return we're getting for our loyalty.
Back to top Go down

I say send there asses to another Country
Page 1 of 1