Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

With economy in shambles, Congress gets a raise

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LEAD

LEAD

With economy in shambles, Congress gets a raise Empty
PostSubject: With economy in shambles, Congress gets a raise   With economy in shambles, Congress gets a raise EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 12:20 pm

A crumbling economy, more than 2 million constituents who have lost their jobs this year, and congressional demands of CEOs to work for free did not convince lawmakers to freeze their own pay.

Instead, they will get a $4,700 pay increase, amounting to an additional $2.5 million that taxpayers will spend on congressional salaries, and watchdog groups are not happy about it.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/with-economy-in-shambles-congress-gets-a-raise-2008-12-17.html
Back to top Go down
speedy911911911

speedy911911911

PostSubject: Re: With economy in shambles, Congress gets a raise   With economy in shambles, Congress gets a raise EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 12:28 pm

Well... I guess they probably need it...
Rolling Eyes

I sure wish I could get a raise... along with the rest of us hard working Americans... but I guess I'll just have to be happy with helping out with their raises instead with my tax dollars.
No
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/speedy911911911
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: With economy in shambles, Congress gets a raise   With economy in shambles, Congress gets a raise EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 1:01 pm

Nice! It would not be so bad it they where working for the people not working against the people! And not stealing our money to give to ceo's with big cash awards. Stop this insane war, and stop the war on the middle class. Work on getting people jobs, and health care.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: With economy in shambles, Congress gets a raise   With economy in shambles, Congress gets a raise Empty

Back to top Go down

With economy in shambles, Congress gets a raise
Page 1 of 1