Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gas and food prices...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Duskie

Duskie

Gas and food prices... Empty
PostSubject: Gas and food prices...   Gas and food prices... EmptyFri May 30, 2008 8:49 am

I know I'm not the smartest cookie in the box when it comes to government stuff. That's why I usually just read instead of post.

I do not understand why the prices of gas is rising everyday. Nor do I understand why the price of food is rising. We can clone animals. We can make things like mp3 players and cell phones. We can access the world on our computers, but we can't afford to drive to the store to get some milk and eggs. Is gas prices the only reason for higher food cost?

The new ethanol plant...what is that doing for us? Who uses it?
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: Gas and food prices...   Gas and food prices... EmptyFri May 30, 2008 3:04 pm

It's costing more to ship food. Also with the climate change our growing seasons are changing and causing food shortages all over the world. The price of gas is set by the same people who run the world, the big banking system. Bush and his friends want to make sure that the price goes as high as it can before leaving office, that is why they are driving the price up now, because it is his last chance to make as much money as he can.

Besides, the government knows that they can control the people with food and oil. People will be more willing to give up more of their rights, once they bring in the life boats with the promise of lower food and oil cost.

We have enough oil right here in the 50 states for over 200 years, but they will not let us have it. Why because we have made treaties with other countries to buy their oil and not use our own. Besides. the people who run the oil fields in this country know, leaving the oil in the ground is like money in the bank.

They like to blame the tree huggers for not drilling off shore and in Alaska, but if you read the book "Crimes Against Nature. You will see that Bush, has deregulated most environmental rules so big corporations can fill their pockets. If he really wanted to we would supply our own county with our own oil. But that will not happen till the price best fits there plans to strip the people of more of there money to buy gas. The plan is to bring the middle class people down, make the rich richer and poor poorer. And it’s working, more people are losing there homes and becoming more dependent on the government for housing, food stamps and health care. Ever apply for help? They want to know everything about you, they take control over your lives. You can no longer even smoke in housing units.

The oil men are making record profits, and as long as Bush the oil man is in change it will remain that way.
Back to top Go down
attack-cat

attack-cat

PostSubject: Re: Gas and food prices...   Gas and food prices... EmptySat May 31, 2008 5:28 pm

Oil prices rise because they get away with it. You may not be old enough to remember the other gas crunch we had in the 70's. People lined up to get gas. Our president threatened to start drilling more here and find other sources of power. Well I'll let you read about it. http://cr.middlebury.edu/es/altenergylife/70's.htm

What it breaks down to, in my opinion, is our leader is an oil man and he will go out of the oval office with a nice bank roll. Our president does not care about the American people. Just my opinon of course.
Back to top Go down
Duskie

Duskie

PostSubject: Re: Gas and food prices...   Gas and food prices... EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 8:55 am

well, isn't that interesting! The s.o.b!!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

PostSubject: Duskie...........   Gas and food prices... EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 1:20 pm

We're not all phd's but we all have something to contribute here. Very Happy The first step to learing more than what you know now is asking questions and that's very intelligent.

I think madcow probably hit upon most of the causes. There are a few others;

1) the federal reserve bank is keeping interrest rates low for the benefit of all the banks that gambled and lost on sub prime loans. These lower interrest rates are causing the dollar to trade lower against foriegn currencies which in turn means that anything we import, such as oil, is more expensive.

2) The oil companies are reaping record profits, they have no incentive to work harder to make less money per barrel of oil. They've actually cut suppy lately to match demand which has dropped off in order to maintain the prices they like. (cartel? monopoly?)

3) Food is more expensive because of fertilizer costs which are dependant upon petroleum and food is harvested and transported to market with fuel. Also, this hairbrained scheme to make ethanol a staple fuel has put a lot of upward pressure on corn prices as well as every other grain used for animal or people feed.

Expanding domestic production would certainly do somewhat to restore things to normal but don't look for the oil companies to do anything about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gas and food prices...   Gas and food prices... Empty

Back to top Go down

Gas and food prices...
Page 1 of 1