Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

list bad places that offer what they consider food here please

Go down 
+4
speedy911911911
easyrider
madcow
hellskitchen
8 posters
AuthorMessage
hellskitchen

list bad places that offer what they consider food here please Empty
PostSubject: list bad places that offer what they consider food here please   list bad places that offer what they consider food here please EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 4:09 pm

This is to help new people to the area avoid rank disgusting food. And crappy service can also be on this thread. Save others from the abuse or dog food on a plate that you paid too much for.
Back to top Go down
hellskitchen

PostSubject: Re: list bad places that offer what they consider food here please   list bad places that offer what they consider food here please EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 5:15 pm

What happened to The Diner? Where Spitlers was. The new place isn't worth the time.

Last edited by hellskitchen on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error)
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: list bad places that offer what they consider food here please   list bad places that offer what they consider food here please EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 1:10 am

Pizza Hut/ worse Pizza, and I use to love the Hut.

Sports Zone/ small dried up wings, salad's suck, poor choices, hamburgers big but never cooked right, it was never the same after it reopened, the pretzel nuggets are the best thing they have.

Roscoe Warehouse, or what ever they call it, / slow/ dinner is much better than supper/ we ate there one evening and it was BAD, we went for lunch and it was much better, but still pricey for what you get/ all chips and very little fish

Raven's Glenn/Hate their sauce, cost way to much for what you get, bread sticks are they only thing going for them. But someone paid our way for the Sunday Buffett, it was pretty good, but it should be for the price, I would not go back and pay that kind of money for a meal,

Taco Bell/ all shell and very little filling, I might as well just eat a plan taco shell.

Buehler's / miss going there, but they priced me off there list, best salad bar and baked fish/ but the cost is just to high for me. One thing I hate is they micro the bake potatoes.

The Diner, they were not making enough to keep it open.

One night at the Diner, we went all out and got a steak, and it was one of the best steak dinner's I have ever had. Most of the time I would just get the tuesday night special and it was really good. I miss the place not so much for the food, but the people who worked there, they were all great.

The best place in town to eat was Robinsons, they had the best salads in town, and the best breakfast.

For those of your who remember Andy's they had great breakfast for 2.00 and their beef ribs where soo good.
Back to top Go down
hellskitchen

PostSubject: Re: list bad places that offer what they consider food here please   list bad places that offer what they consider food here please EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 9:23 am

I miss Robinsons. They were so tasty!
Back to top Go down
easyrider

easyrider

PostSubject: Re: list bad places that offer what they consider food here please   list bad places that offer what they consider food here please EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 9:20 am

Where was Robinson's?
Back to top Go down
speedy911911911

speedy911911911

PostSubject: Re: list bad places that offer what they consider food here please   list bad places that offer what they consider food here please EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 11:45 am

easyrider wrote:
Where was Robinson's?

Robinson's was on Main Street, Coshocton. Same owner as Kat Balough's - you remember Uncle Bob?
Was a great place to eat. they served the same great steaks in Kat's. Then Bob sold it - and the quality and service wnet down hill. didn't stay in business too long under new ownership.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/speedy911911911
attack-cat

attack-cat

PostSubject: Re: list bad places that offer what they consider food here please   list bad places that offer what they consider food here please EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:35 pm

Robinson's had the best salads ever. Its a shame they went under. It was a poor location choice though. Maybe they can try the place that keeps changing owners on 16. Next in line? Very Happy

And welcome to the forum!

Last edited by attack-cat on Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : eta)
Back to top Go down
ironic_jewel

ironic_jewel

PostSubject: Re: list bad places that offer what they consider food here please   list bad places that offer what they consider food here please EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 2:29 pm

I worked at the Diner from day one.. They keep it open as long as they could. It's sad. Ryan's is in there now.. I ate there once the food was pretty good but the service wasn't very good.. The girl that we had was very forgetful and to say that we just ordered 2 salads one taco and one cheif it took forever to get us our food, now granted they was busy that day but we (the diner) was never given a break for slow service? good thing I'm a nice person and understand the restaurant business. bounce
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: list bad places that offer what they consider food here please   list bad places that offer what they consider food here please EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 9:01 pm

Like I said I miss the Diner alot, the people who worked there where great. Do you think if they changed the menu it would have helped?
Back to top Go down
ironic_jewel

ironic_jewel

PostSubject: Re: list bad places that offer what they consider food here please   list bad places that offer what they consider food here please EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 9:47 pm

I don't know what they could have done to help, it would have help if Travis everyone fav person in Coshocton wouldn't had bad mouth them before the doors even opened. I know the service was not the greatest when they opened but opened minded people would have helped too.. oh well it's okay i guess but i miss that place
Back to top Go down
Duskie

Duskie

PostSubject: Re: list bad places that offer what they consider food here please   list bad places that offer what they consider food here please EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 10:19 pm

Travis...a real peach that one!

I think adding to the menu would have helped, maybe a little. I only ate there once, I liked it, but totally surprised that they didn't have omelets. I just got the Ken special? The scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, and biscuits covered with gravy and cheese. When Mary put the plate in front of me I didn't know if I should try it or put it back in the trash from which it looked to come from. I tried it. I must say, it was good.

A lot of the complaints seemed to be management and the lack of food (choice and supply).
Back to top Go down
ironic_jewel

ironic_jewel

PostSubject: Re: list bad places that offer what they consider food here please   list bad places that offer what they consider food here please EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 12:07 am

haha yeah i never tried the ken but i heard it was good... i LOVED the bacon! it was awesome! and if they wasn't busy they made anything that anyone wanted you just had to ask.. mary was the best about getting the cooks to do what they didn't wanna do LOL I miss Mary!
Back to top Go down
speedy911911911

speedy911911911

PostSubject: Re: list bad places that offer what they consider food here please   list bad places that offer what they consider food here please EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 7:03 am

Who is this Travis you speak of?
Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/speedy911911911
ironic_jewel

ironic_jewel

PostSubject: Re: list bad places that offer what they consider food here please   list bad places that offer what they consider food here please EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:58 am

I don't know what Travis last name is I know where he lives LOL a friend of mine had her wedding out there.. but he owned Spitler's after Mr. Spitler. Travis and his staff let the place run down.. I can get the pics to prove that. When Jen and Ken went in to clean it it took 2 weeks to get it up and running. I don't know Travis personaly just hear stories.
Back to top Go down
Duskie

Duskie

PostSubject: Re: list bad places that offer what they consider food here please   list bad places that offer what they consider food here please EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 5:51 pm

His name is Travis Appis. He use to manage KFC. That is how I know him. I should have sued him when I had a chance. Many years ago I got hired there. I didn't tell them that I was pregnant because for 1, I was telling people and they didn't hire me, and for 2, I didn't have to. So I was working there and then I went into labor while only 5 months along. I was off work for a week and half. When I went back to tell them I was able to go back to work the day shift manager told me that since the schedule was already up and half done for the week they would just put me back on the next schedule. Well, Travis put me on the schedule and didn't tell me so when I didn't show up for work they fired me. That was the only job I've ever been fired from. Needless to say, I still hate him to this day!
Back to top Go down
ironic_jewel

ironic_jewel

PostSubject: Re: list bad places that offer what they consider food here please   list bad places that offer what they consider food here please EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 6:09 pm

wow that's low! he'll have his day someday, what goes around comes around.. Arrow
Back to top Go down
nsaids_nurse420

PostSubject: Re: list bad places that offer what they consider food here please   list bad places that offer what they consider food here please EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:16 am

the yard is terrible. last time we ate there there was dust flying down from the dirty ceiling fans into my food. we didn't get comped. time before that at the yard my son's pizza got stuck in the oven so when we were all done eating, he finally got his pizza. we didn't get comped. time before that, the first time we ate there, there was a hair in my salad, pizza came to the table in boxes, waitress did not write down the order and fucked it up, then expected me to eat something i didn't order. i ordered spaghetti and meatballs. it came out spaghetti with meatsauce, she said, "well i'll get you some meatballs" i told her, "no, u will get me exactly what i ordered." she appeared mad at me. we all needed plates and napkins and never saw the waitress. i got up and got the plates myself and they were dirty. took forever to get drink refills. we were not comped that time either. that was 3 tries.. 3 tries too many. we won't be back there ever. waitress/waiters are rude. we won't be back to thomas' either after the waitress charged us for soda refills and not telling us prior that we would be charged. if we would have known we all would have ordered water. waitress was rude and i left her a little note. from what i hear, i made an impression there, and they still refer to "the note."
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: list bad places that offer what they consider food here please   list bad places that offer what they consider food here please EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 6:52 pm

Back to the list of places not to eat at, THE YARD! The last time we ate there we had a really bad time. Sad when the only good place is fast food. This town act as if they don't need your business. You would think with how bad things are in this town, business's in Coshocton would try and go out of their way to get your business not drive you away. And they wonder why people go out of town to spend their money. Anyone went to the new BBQ place, we did once. It was not bad, but won't go back any time soon. I'll stick with my dollar hamburgers. Love going to KFC on Wed, for there 249 meal and free senior drinks, but that is the only time we go. Once they stop that, we won't be able to go. Was anyone went to the new Crowtown place? I don't eat much Pizza anymore. If I do I make it at home. I have not even been to Ryans since about Oct. Like the place just can't afford it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: list bad places that offer what they consider food here please   list bad places that offer what they consider food here please Empty

Back to top Go down

list bad places that offer what they consider food here please
Page 1 of 1