Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Life Flight

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LEAD

LEAD

Life Flight Empty
PostSubject: Life Flight   Life Flight EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 12:49 pm

I just do not see why med Flight is called so much here lately. Now the most recent accident is the girl who was hit on the bike the report says she just had bruises but she was flown to Columbus. I mean they could not take her to our Hospital 1st to at least look her over before going threw the hassle of bringing in Med flight? This is not the only case there our others and I was one of them. But I mean with the officials always bragging about our Hospital it sure does seem like they are not capable of at the very least to make a judgment of who needs to be treated for bruises?
Back to top Go down
attack-cat

attack-cat

Life Flight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Flight   Life Flight EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 2:11 pm

Its called money. They make more from sending a noncritical patient via medflight. The only people who should be medflighted are criticals - in my opinion. Our son was flown to Akron for a stomach bug. We had to drive up there everyday and see him. He had the barfs. Wasn't even dehydrated. The shithead at CCMH thought he had menigitis and he had no syptoms of it. CCMH will rip you off in a heartbeat. They are crappy. When your insurance says they have had enough of our bill then suddenly CCMH sends you home. They never found ou t what rare fever I had. I signed myself out and the doc said I would die. The fever was Insuranceitis. Our son was born early and when the insurance had enough ... the hospitial in Akron suddenly couldn;t get rid of him fast enough. They are money grubbing cruel disgusting pigs that care about no one but themselves and their bank accounts. That why they charge so fricking much then take off a small amount for your insurance company. If they they would charge a decent amount then people could afford to pay them. And yes there are exceptions to the rule but CCMH is rotten to the core.

And another thing .... you can to the pharmacy and buy the day after pill to abort a baby but you can't get birthcontrol pills unless you go to the doc and get their exam once a year. You don't need any exam before or after the day after pill. Who's stupid idea is this? The OB/GYN's. They don't care about people but they do care money. And you should be able to get a years worth of your prescriptions not just a month. The written script is for a year. But if you got a years worth at a time then they couldn't charge the higher price if it goes up the next month. Rant off.
Back to top Go down
speedshooter

Life Flight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Flight   Life Flight EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 11:05 am

From what I heard from a friend of the family's, she couldn't feel her legs. That is just hearsay, but I wouldn't want my daughter taken to Coshocton. They would have probably ended up sawing her legs off!
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

Life Flight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Flight   Life Flight EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 1:01 am

lol!
Have you seen channel 19 about the hospital? Next stop for the FBI? LOL After they hit my place.
Back to top Go down
emergency

Life Flight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Flight   Life Flight EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 1:15 pm

Shocked Better watch out guys you'll get slam dunked about Med Flight!!!!!!
I tried to explain that awhile back on the other forum, only to get chewed up and spit out!

Yes it is about money.......what isn't in health care?
Aeromedical transport has been a mega industy full of competition now days.
There are not only hospital owned helicopter services, there are now private owned services that
fly in a given area. To pick up slack in revenue, the helicopter now has been an air ambulance for medical transports between hospitals.
ANd of course for distance transprts you have the "fixed wing service" .. (lear jet)

example: Air Net covers many counties, has its own base, and can respond to a page just like Med Flight
SouthWest Medevac, is based in several west Texas areas....and their are many more out there.

Hospitals that do have their own Helicopter usually don't own it, it is leased from a company such as Rocky Mountain helicopters, PHI. etc
But the upkeep , maintence , insurance all is very costly. The one with their name painted on it, is respondsible for that coverage.
The pilots are mostly hired by the company that leased helicopter is leased from. ASk a crew member /pilot if they know the cost for the turning on the helicopter to take off
for a flight. If you look at MedFlights web site it will tell you who is the actual owner of the helicopter.

Then from EMS standpoint.......Coshocton Hospital is not a trauma center or a hospital equpied for advanced cardiac, OB care, etc......
and these patients need immediate critical care....in severe trauma you got an hour to get to advanced care or the patient has a high chance of death.
After a heart attack the "clot buster drug" is given.you need to get to a cath lab very quickly, to see damage, how the drug has performed, and the need for cardiac surgery
Then the new born in distress....it needs to get to a NICU ASAP, along with any other life threatening emergency.

Now from the other stand point.........you have experienced EMS people who can judge the need, then you have others that get all excited and are "helicopter happy",, gotta say they called a helicopter, then you have other's that may be new on the job and are a bit unsure and are covering themselves........and of course there is a protoctol that should say what to do in a certain incident, And of course any hospital is going to cover itself from any potential law suit.............

And in the end.........there is a big issue about the MONEY, somebody's got pay! regardless...... ANd its a very demanding job, that has to be done......and those helicopter people are only doing as being called to them.........

I love you LONG LIVE JOHNNY GAGE & ROY DESOTO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
LEAD

LEAD

Life Flight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Flight   Life Flight EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 11:37 am

Good points there
Back to top Go down
attack-cat

attack-cat

Life Flight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Flight   Life Flight EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:16 pm

Emergency,
I miss those good ol' shows. Pretty cool site for the fans http://www.emergencyfans.com/ .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Life Flight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Flight   Life Flight Empty

Back to top Go down

Life Flight
Page 1 of 1