Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OTHER FORUM

Go down 
+11
Nazgul
grooveykindoflove
CoshoctonTaxpayer
speedy911911911
Ohio madman
papa
madcow
attack-cat
easyrider
Uncle_Ruckus
Sportsman700
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sportsman700

Sportsman700

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: OTHER FORUM   OTHER FORUM EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 9:37 pm

I read both forums. This and the tribune's. But i kinda wonder why the big topic over here is about what is going on over there. Can't you have a discussion by yourself? You even post addresses for them to read tribune things. Why don't you just post over there? I'm new but that doesn't make much sense. If you like what they are talking about, why not reply there?
Back to top Go down
Uncle_Ruckus

Uncle_Ruckus

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: My view.........   OTHER FORUM EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 9:45 pm

Sportsman700 wrote:
I read both forums. This and the tribune's. But i kinda wonder why the big topic over here is about what is going on over there. Can't you have a discussion by yourself? You even post addresses for them to read tribune things. Why don't you just post over there? I'm new but that doesn't make much sense. If you like what they are talking about, why not reply there?

It's like this..........there is a lot of stuff going on over there that is stupid and funny. The bad thing is, you can't really have fun with it over there, pointing out how stupid, funny, and stupidly funny those folks are without getting banned. That's why the good folks here started this forum in the first place, to give us a place to laugh and vent without getting run out. You follow me?
Back to top Go down
Sportsman700

Sportsman700

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTHER FORUM   OTHER FORUM EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 10:01 pm

I see alot of name calling etc. over there. But many of the posters seem to know what they are talking about. And you tell us where to read about it. Why not start the discussion here? The bear subject seems to be hot now. Why are you telling us to read it there instead of discussing it here? Roy, CC, Midnight, And many others are making it a good discussion there. Why can't we do that here?
Back to top Go down
Uncle_Ruckus

Uncle_Ruckus

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Good discussion?   OTHER FORUM EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 10:28 pm

Sportsman700 wrote:
I see alot of name calling etc. over there. But many of the posters seem to know what they are talking about. And you tell us where to read about it. Why not start the discussion here? The bear subject seems to be hot now. Why are you telling us to read it there instead of discussing it here? Roy, CC, Midnight, And many others are making it a good discussion there. Why can't we do that here?

What?!?!? Good Discussion?!?!? Man, they been beating that poor bear to death over there for a month and ain't got nowhere yet!!!!! Now, what does that tell you? Stupid? Funny? or both? It's not being discussed over here because anyone with any sense got tired of it three weeks ago! Laughing
Back to top Go down
easyrider

easyrider

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTHER FORUM   OTHER FORUM EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 11:39 pm

amen,uncle...Yes ,they have made good points..midnight,,and olroy..But again,,it seems,if you don't agree with them,you are an "idiot",,or "stupid", or "ignorant", or "juvenile"..I read it everyday and have wanted to post many times,,but it is amusing just to watch a topic beat to death sometimes .
Back to top Go down
attack-cat

attack-cat

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTHER FORUM   OTHER FORUM EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 10:00 am

The thread Uncle Ruckus started is a great example. The thread was a poke at the double standard of bashing black politicians is bad and bashing white ones is fine. Both sets of photots had a political person portrayed as a monkey. Instantly instead of people seeing that in one case they laugh and in one case they get their hackles up they started name calling and jumping on the poster. They can't handle adult input over there withouturning to childish name calling. They started the fight on that thread.

Try mispelling a word over there when you disagree with one of the leaders of the pack and you'll get called on it. Do we correct other people in the store when they mispronounce a word? No we don't. It' considered rude. Over there its common place. And not everyone has all day to sit and reread their posts to chcek for errors.

There was thread recently where Midnight got called names and she didn't care for it much. affraid The other forum is a playground for the children to attack new people and keep thier little social club in order. No new members unless you kiss thier rears and agree with everything they say. Over here you are welcome to disagree like adults often do. No one attacks. No name calling.

And actually I don't remember seeing many threads here that link to that forum. Most of the threads here are articles for open minded intelligent adults to read. And many are posted by a member who is not a member over at the other forum. I admit I don't read everything here (since I'm married to JB I read the original sources he gets them from) but the ones I've read that linked to the other forum were showing how the members there were acting towards another person or being treated themselves. And that site is so slow and hard to navigate that I don't go there much to read.

This site may not have as much activity as the other forum but we have quality and we have members who are unafraid to talk to each other as adults and disagree in manners other than how our toddlers behave. Laughing
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTHER FORUM   OTHER FORUM EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 3:50 pm

It's like setting at the bar, with a group of drunks. Big mouths and low lifes, someone was asking why we talk about them. Because they are just to funny for words. They drove some dog over there nuts, and now he keeps throwing his body under cars. LOL THis guy is pretty fun, wish he would come over here and give us a few laughs! He's done alot of barking at that Washington Reporter and his side whinner Lynn, Take a few minutes to look at some of the stuff this guy is posting. lol!
Back to top Go down
attack-cat

attack-cat

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTHER FORUM   OTHER FORUM EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 11:03 am

The only good thing about over there is you know what people are and they don't pretend to be your friend or ally if they aren't. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
papa

papa

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTHER FORUM   OTHER FORUM EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 9:21 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTHER FORUM   OTHER FORUM EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 11:56 pm

What's funny they come over here and read! Wink
Back to top Go down
Ohio madman

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTHER FORUM   OTHER FORUM EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 7:25 pm

madcow wrote:
The big difference is they don't mention this forum much, while over here that forum seems to make it into a lot of topics.
Interesting.
Back to top Go down
attack-cat

attack-cat

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTHER FORUM   OTHER FORUM EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 12:39 pm

Its a joke for us. Laughing They are welcome to read all they want. Freedom of speech is good for them to see in action! I noticed that they deleted a pic from a member the other day that wasn't bad at all. It said something about Democrats don't call it facism. It was funny.
Back to top Go down
papa

papa

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTHER FORUM   OTHER FORUM EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 8:33 pm

madcow wrote:

I was not laughing at anyone in particular, I have no problem with any of you guys........... jocolor
Back to top Go down
speedy911911911

speedy911911911

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTHER FORUM   OTHER FORUM EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 2:39 pm

Looks like we are not the only ones upset with the forum nazis at Gannet and started a new frum...
I found this Gem under National Politics and Current Events:

http://www.coshoctontribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckForum&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a4138b16f-af17-42ea-975d-d319a4920d2aForum%3af6dc1674-6094-4cfe-bc33-c72ae55de267Discussion%3a0e45d34a-0fb0-4b42-aee7-4cd29f53173c&plckCategoryCurrentPage=0

Sorry-ass Gannet is going to drive everyone away except for their loyal few koolaid drinkers. Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/speedy911911911
CoshoctonTaxpayer

CoshoctonTaxpayer

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTHER FORUM   OTHER FORUM EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 4:09 pm

Their forum format looked kinda familiar. Good for them, i might go there and invite them here.
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTHER FORUM   OTHER FORUM EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 7:56 pm

Let me know if it's worth taking a look and joining?
Back to top Go down
speedy911911911

speedy911911911

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTHER FORUM   OTHER FORUM EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 9:07 pm

madcow wrote:
Let me know if it's worth taking a look and joining?

It's worth looking at.... it's freakin' hillarious! They are getting downright nasty on the Tribune forum and their new boxtowninc forum.

Just look under "Well I'll be" in National Topics and Current Events" thread on Tribune forum for shits and giggles.
What a Face
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTHER FORUM   OTHER FORUM EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 9:38 pm

Was reading next door. So Lynn got banned. LOL Couldn't happen to a nicer person. So who started this new forum?
Back to top Go down
speedy911911911

speedy911911911

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTHER FORUM   OTHER FORUM EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 9:33 pm

madcow wrote:
Was reading next door. So Lynn got banned. LOL Couldn't happen to a nicer person. So who started this new forum?

Other posters that got tired of having their posts deleted by forum nazis for the good ol' "terms of service."
OTHER FORUM 88140

Just like Lynn... these are posters aren't all from Coshocton, but from other areas in the state on Gannet. OTHER FORUM 287430

Gannet seems to be their own worst enemy driving more and more away from their forum. OTHER FORUM 141188

Is nice to see we were not the only ones to find fault with Gannet's forum nazis... OTHER FORUM 867910
I hope their forum does well.

OTHER FORUM 982533
Back to top Go down
grooveykindoflove

grooveykindoflove

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTHER FORUM   OTHER FORUM EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 9:26 am

speedy911911911 wrote:
Looks like we are not the only ones upset with the forum nazis at Gannet and started a new frum...
I found this Gem under National Politics and Current Events:

http://www.coshoctontribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckForum&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a4138b16f-af17-42ea-975d-d319a4920d2aForum%3af6dc1674-6094-4cfe-bc33-c72ae55de267Discussion%3a0e45d34a-0fb0-4b42-aee7-4cd29f53173c&plckCategoryCurrentPage=0

Sorry-ass Gannet is going to drive everyone away except for their loyal few koolaid drinkers. Sleep

Speedy this link went away, did you happen to keep the other forums address? I just looked real quick and now I want to join. Sad but can not find it!!!!
Back to top Go down
Nazgul

Nazgul

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Boxtown address;   OTHER FORUM EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 2:56 pm

Here's the address for the new forum; http://www.boxtowninc.com/index.php

HOWEVER...............

this site is not the "free speech" zone as advertised. Lynx gave me a week off over there and I was gratuitously insulted on the way out for calling them on it.

Lynx also posted an "explanation";

"Just a Note
by _lynX on Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:20 pm

I'm sure some of you guys saw the thread involving Nazgul and freebird. Nazgul has been banned for a few days so he can calm down a bit. In just 21 posts, he has caused a year's worth of trouble and provided more than enough anger.

These forums are here for everyone to discuss the issues of the day and to have some laughs! People get hot-headed when debating some issues and this is a fact of life. However, we don't want this place to become just another slimehole of the Internet where people spew whatever hateful message they want to; we want people to have fun and enjoy the debate going on here. Censorship is a hotword in today's society and while some may think that preventing things from getting out of hand to the point that we have images mocking black people is censorship, I disagree. There's plenty of fun and discussion to be had without having to resort to racial discrimination by anyone. We want a nice, enjoyable, as-light-as-possibly controlled atmosphere so that everyone can enjoy the forums, not just the angry/hateful few!

I hope everyone can understand, and feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any comments/concerns about this!"

The truth of the matter is that unless you are a God hating pinko you will be subjected to the vilest insults and then banned for defending your views.

To give you some idea of the censoring mood the mods are in over there, they didn't just ban people(Freebird,also a member here, was banned permanently) they also deleted an entire thread. That place isn't a free speech zone, it's a cyber version of North Korea.

One last word, there are several members over there who do come accross as decent people. Lynx should apologize to Slam and RTThomas for glomming onto the "Boxtown" handle.
Back to top Go down
grooveykindoflove

grooveykindoflove

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTHER FORUM   OTHER FORUM EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 9:19 pm

Thanks and I will keep that in mind. Sorry your thoughts were deleted. FREE SPEECH
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTHER FORUM   OTHER FORUM EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 12:10 am

Sounds like another place to stay clear of. Why is it that people who don't have any faith have this great need to insult those who do?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: constant........   OTHER FORUM EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 2:19 pm

madcow wrote:
Sounds like another place to stay clear of. Why is it that people who don't have any faith have this great need to insult those who do?

It does seem to be a constant.........I think they're all trying to fool themselves.
Back to top Go down
_lynX

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTHER FORUM   OTHER FORUM EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 5:15 pm

Quote :
The truth of the matter is that unless you are a God hating pinko you will be subjected to the vilest insults and then banned for defending your views.

Why don't you tell them why you were really banned, Nazgul? There's a reason why you got a week to calm down and your wife didn't, despite you both talking about the same subject and espousing the same viewpoints. Of course, you won't bother to mention that or anything else that hurts your case. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OTHER FORUM Empty
PostSubject: Re: OTHER FORUM   OTHER FORUM Empty

Back to top Go down

OTHER FORUM
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next