Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I wonder how long before I get booted from the OTHER forum

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
attack-cat

attack-cat

I wonder how long before I  get booted from the OTHER forum Empty
PostSubject: I wonder how long before I get booted from the OTHER forum   I wonder how long before I  get booted from the OTHER forum EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 6:18 pm

My post:

I bet on the new forum that you actually have to break the rules before you get banned! The post that got one person banned from here did not break the rules. It was stating a fact. That not all people are treated equal. During the civil war white farmers had land taken from them that was not paid for. Now I call that stealing. Not equal in any way shape or form.

My husband has been banned from a few sites as have I and our service provider has never called or emailed or anything else. They get paid and they are happy. In fact if you really want to keep someone from registering on your site you block their IP number. And the fact that I just registered this id here says that this IP number is not banned - I'm married to someone that was banned from here. And most sites that want to be honest remove peoples profiles and names that have been banned. But keeping banned peoples profiles on here makes it look like there are more members.

The new forum is great. And anyone that wants to post and wants to be treated like an adult and not babysat like a a toddler should venture over. Intelligent adults do disagree on things. They have the ability to think independantly of the flock of sheeple. We are not all the same. Sorry to burst little pink sheeple bubbles all over the place but we are not cut from cookie cutters out of the same cloth. When people are afraid to post due to fear of stepping on toes then they may as well resign themselves to reading and talking to the cat about they disagree. As long as people are not insulting each other personally then I see no problem with a bunch of adults debating issues. Over here the debating is stifled.

Now how long before this is removed.

~Mrs. Jimbob_rebel and proud of it
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

I wonder how long before I  get booted from the OTHER forum Empty
PostSubject: The response........   I wonder how long before I  get booted from the OTHER forum EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 8:06 pm

clown Len's jocolor response; (my comments in black)

"If you write something that we believe violates the terms of service, we delete the post. You gave us permission to do so when you joined our forum. Our terms of service clearly state, "You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit." "

Sure, but I did not make any agreement to refrain from protesting such actions which were taken under false pretenses, for reasons other than those stated. The clown editorial staff jocolor claimed my post was racist when it actually drew attention to blatantly racist policies of the U.S. govt. which abridge the rights of all americans in the name of "civil rights". Specifically, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which deprives all americans of the full use and enjoyment of their property in dictating to them who they must sell to, rent to, hire, or do buisiness with. The comment itself was made in the context of describing the cognitive dissonance of americans "educated" or "brainwashed" by the public education system.

In the case you are misrepresenting(who is indulging in misrepresentations?), the person whose post was deleted didn't ask us to clarify what we thought was offensive(anything anyone might say is bound to offend someone). Nor did he edit his remarks to comply with the terms of service he promised to follow (there was no need to as it was already in compliance with written policy). Instead, he reposted content that had previously been deleted, word for word. (see previous comment)
At that point, I banned the poster permanently -- not because of what was said, but because he broke his promise and decided our rules didn't apply to him. No, I was certainly banned for what I said. The clown editorial staff jocolor is so arbitrary in "interpreting" the T.O.S. agreement that no one could follow it. It is, for all intents and purposes, a weapon to be used against those holding opinions unpopular with the clown editorial staff jocolor (both of them clown jocolor ). He flouted our rules further when he created new personas and resumed posting on our forum. I banned those usernames and deleted those posts because a permanent ban is, by definition, permanent. Exactly, you banned "usernames". True, my coming back under a different handle wasn't exactly According to Hoyle, but the clown editorial staff jocolor plays pretty fast and loose with their own rules as well. Did they honor their own rules to the letter I'd have been more than happy to do the same. Keeping your word isn't being a sheeple. It's a sign of personal integrity. (What a shameless hypocrite.)
Back to top Go down

I wonder how long before I get booted from the OTHER forum
Page 1 of 1