Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lied to by Buehlers main office

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
attack-cat

attack-cat

Lied to by Buehlers main office Empty
PostSubject: Lied to by Buehlers main office   Lied to by Buehlers main office EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 2:10 pm

Below is an email conversation with Buehlers. Two of three of the reasons for not allowing concealed carry are not true the third might be but I don't like being lied to so they no longer have my business. Until recently you could carry everywhere but the beer cave which had signs up. According to the service desk the restraunt does not serve liquor and they have no child care anymore. Will I leave an 800.00 gun in the car to be stolen, be a potential victim walking to my car at night or take my business elsewhere? Got safety? You betcha and it travels with me!

Good morning,

I had a friend say that he heard that Buehlers is a totally "gun free" zone now. If this is true then neithr of our families will be doing business with Buehlers. All of us passed the strict background check by the FBI, have our fingerprints in the system and carry where no one can see our legally owned gun. Personally if I owned a business I would want to be a place where my customers could defend themselves and my employees if a robbery was taking place. People that would rob a store will not follow a sign on the door saying that guns are not allowed but they will know that they will have no resistance to an attack. It creates a victim rich environment. If you have implemented this "gun free" zone policy I hope you will reconsider. Paying customers that even the FBI says are safe to carry a gun are better than nonpaying customers that just come in to rob the store.

Sincerely ,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear ,

Below is a letter from Rick Lowe, Vice-President of Human Resources for Buehler Food Markets, Inc.:

Kathy Bailey has referred to me your email (reproduced below) and your concerns with Buehler's policy to prohibit sidearms otherwise licensed under Ohio's Concealed Carry Weapons (CCW) law from being carried into our stores.

When you obtained your CCW permit it was explained that certain business, because of the nature of the business performed, are specifically exempted from the state's regulations which allow patrons to carry a concealed weapon into the business premises. Among these are retail establishments permitted to sell beer, wine, or spirituous alcohol by the Ohio Department of Liquor Control, and businesses with facilities to provide child day-care.

Because our stores are involved in both of these activities, we are required to post the CCW prohibition notices on all of our exterior doors. Please note specifically that in addition to carry-out beer and wine sales (point of purchase) most of our store are now licensed to serve beer and wine by the bottle or glass in our restaurants or catered events, or as part of a beer or wine tasting on the sales floor.

In addition, we continue to operate our KidzParks that provide supervised childcare for customers with pre-school children while they shop our stores.

While we at Buehler's are mindful of the concerns you raised and the practices of some of our competitors, we, like you, are required to follow the law. For so long as any of our business activities remain on the state's exempted business list, Buehler's will continue to post the No CCW prohibitions on our exterior doors.

We very much value your continued patronage and look forward to your next visit to our store. But for now, please understand, that you will need to lock you pistol in your vehicle before you are permitted to enter the store.

Thank you for your understanding,

Rick Lowe
Vice-President Human Resources
Buehler Food Markets, Incorporated
P.O. Box 196 Wooster, OH 44691-0196
Direct 330.804.1237
Cell 330.465.7714
eFax 413.702.2852

Sincerely,

Kathy Bailey

Consumer Affairs

Buehler Food Markets

Wooster, OH 44691

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/color][/color]
Back to top Go down
CoshoctonTaxpayer

CoshoctonTaxpayer

PostSubject: Re: Lied to by Buehlers main office   Lied to by Buehlers main office EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 2:49 pm

id just carry it in anyways. Not like they are gonna check you to see if you are packing heat.
Back to top Go down
attack-cat

attack-cat

PostSubject: Re: Lied to by Buehlers main office   Lied to by Buehlers main office EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 9:12 pm

They create a rob-at-will zone just because they don't trust a person who the FBI has cleared to carry concealed and the gun being concealed no one knows you have. When that sign goes up the criminals know no one will have a gun to protect themself. I've never had anyone notice my gun and I've hugged people while carrying concealed and they didn't know I had a gun on me. Keltec makes a nice size concealed carry gun. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steakman

PostSubject: Re: Lied to by Buehlers main office   Lied to by Buehlers main office EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Attackcat, I also carry a Keltec. Does yours jam after 3 or 4 rapid shots? Mine is ok , most of the time, but does jam occasionally. I have never had it checked. Probably should. I figure if I can't get in 3 well placed shots, I am probably in deep do-do anyway.
Back to top Go down
attack-cat

attack-cat

PostSubject: Re: Lied to by Buehlers main office   Lied to by Buehlers main office EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 9:04 pm

Steakman, one of ours was jamming and we sent it to Keltec in Florida. It was back in about a week and they fixed the problem, gave us a new grip and cleaned the gun up! Its been flawless since then! Our other Keltec has never had any problems.
Back to top Go down
steakman

PostSubject: Re: Lied to by Buehlers main office   Lied to by Buehlers main office EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 3:26 pm

Thanks for the insight, attack-cat. Did they send it back to your home address or did they have to send it to a dealer?
Back to top Go down
attack-cat

attack-cat

PostSubject: Re: Lied to by Buehlers main office   Lied to by Buehlers main office EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 6:36 pm

Steakman,
Send it UPS insured to them and let them know it is coming. They will send it back to you at your house. I was really impresssed with the service!
Back to top Go down
steakman

PostSubject: Re: Lied to by Buehlers main office   Lied to by Buehlers main office EmptyFri May 01, 2009 6:27 pm

Thanks, attactcat. I appreciate the info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lied to by Buehlers main office   Lied to by Buehlers main office Empty

Back to top Go down

Lied to by Buehlers main office
Page 1 of 1