Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tri-County School of Practical Nursing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
woodpeckerchic

Tri-County School of Practical Nursing Empty
PostSubject: Tri-County School of Practical Nursing   Tri-County School of Practical Nursing EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 6:38 pm

Anyone remember the LPN school located on the second floor (above the old Turner's Hardware) on Main & Third Street? If you attended or would like to share stories - I would love to hear from you. Margaret Tucker and Lois Treweiler were RNs there (they were so wonderful) and a Mrs. Lawrence was the Nutritionist.

Last edited by woodpeckerchic on Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
rotorgirl

PostSubject: Re: Tri-County School of Practical Nursing   Tri-County School of Practical Nursing EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 11:25 pm

graduated from there in 1973, our class was the final one.we had to pay the entire amount. I know there are a few graduates still in the Coshocton area. we were the only class to have a "yearbook". I was editor of it. I still have my class nursing pin, however it has fallen apart. The last class had very few actual coshocton residents in it, If I recall less than 5, the remanider were Tusc. Co and Guernsey Co. I think the records of the students are still kept at the Coshocton Highsch. adm office on Cambridge Rd.
Back to top Go down
woodpeckerchic

PostSubject: Re: Tri-County School of Practical Nursing   Tri-County School of Practical Nursing EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 11:49 pm

Thanks for responding ... I couldn't remember the last class held there .. I do know that in previous years it was a govenmental funding program which due to budget cuts were eliminated. I also believe that the School Coordinator, Buchanan, tried to make it a go as a full tuition school. I'm sure that your contribution as an Editor for the one and only yearbook was a valuable contribution and fondly remembered by your classmates. Thanks for responding and sharing your memory.
Back to top Go down
rotorgirl

PostSubject: Re: Tri-County School of Practical Nursing   Tri-County School of Practical Nursing EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 4:48 pm

Did you attend the LPN school?
Its sad that the hospital did not pick it up and continue with it, it would have been a big plus. And would have helped develope the knowledge of what an LPN is in the Coshocton community. It would also have been a continuing sourse for jobs. CCMH has the union that is very "anti-LPN". Maybe if the school would have stayed that would have promoted more hiring of LPN's, and help ellivate that ideation of LPN's being close to nothing and not nurses. Many LPN's that worked at CCMH in the acute care areas, that held the position for years were ripped from their jobs and given the choice of go to the nursing home or find another place to work.......instead of just changing them to critical care tech's or patient Care Tech's at a higher level, they wanted them out! Then there were the RN's that were insecure that an LPN would take their place, guess they got their way...... Its sad because the RN's seem to have forgotten that those LPN's gave years of service, they have families, bills, and feelings also........Luckily I got out of there right before they did that. Most likely I would have created the ultimate defense, be it media, lawyers etc.......

All in all...CCMH is not an LPN friendly place, despite the LPN's that gave years of service to them or are currently giving service to them.
Back to top Go down
woodpeckerchic

PostSubject: Re: Tri-County School of Practical Nursing   Tri-County School of Practical Nursing EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 9:26 pm

Wow, I had no idea of the interworkings of CCMH. That's too bad as there were a lot of wonderful people that came through that school. What actually prompted my interest in searching for stories/past graduates was an obit notice recently which stated that person had graduated from there. Thanks again for your information and hope that other persons are still around and would like to revisit a good memory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tri-County School of Practical Nursing   Tri-County School of Practical Nursing Empty

Back to top Go down

Tri-County School of Practical Nursing
Page 1 of 1