Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World coming to an end?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
speedshooter

World coming to an end? Empty
PostSubject: World coming to an end?   World coming to an end? EmptyMon May 12, 2008 12:47 pm

Ok, this may sound stupid, but all these natural disasters in the last few weeks are scaring the shit out of me!...The typhoon in Myamar, tornadoes in Midwest and South, Earthquake in China, Wildfires in Florida, etc....could the Apocalypse be coming sooner than we thought?...Just a thought!....Al Gore said if we don't start taking care of the Earth, this is what is going to happen!
Back to top Go down
attack-cat

attack-cat

PostSubject: Re: World coming to an end?   World coming to an end? EmptyMon May 12, 2008 2:50 pm

2Pe 3:10 ¶ But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

We don't know when the end will come but I personally don't think its that far off. Scary in a way but kind of a relief in a way also. Just prepare for the worst and pray for the best. My two cents.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

PostSubject: What's to be afraid of?   World coming to an end? EmptyMon May 12, 2008 4:18 pm

God is still in his throne. Very Happy

Jhn 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Jhn 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Jhn 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Jhn 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

and how to accomplish this? The Apostle Paul alluded to something called a "Gospel";

1Cor 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1Cor 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

And what "gospel" is this? Does Paul ever "draw us a picture"? Yes, he does, this is the gospel;

1 Cor 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1Cor 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

By the by, Al Gore is full of beans. Earth's climate has changed radically over the years and did so even before man trod the earth. Current thought among respected climatologists, as oposed to demogogues and politicians looking for reasons to urge one world government, is that the earths climate is governed by trends in solar activity.
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: World coming to an end?   World coming to an end? EmptyMon May 12, 2008 5:38 pm

Hey, that's what I've been thinking, and so did someone over at Zanesville's forum but they did nothing but attack the poor person. It was like last week before they changed the site over. The person who posted, seemed to know about the Bible. They even posted where in the Bible to look. I thought it was good. But just like at Coshocton's they just want to attack anyone who has some real thought and insight. I figure they were jealous, because someone knew something about the Bible.

But things are looking bad, that's for sure.
Just prepare for the worst and pray for the best. My two cents. I agree,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World coming to an end?   World coming to an end? Empty

Back to top Go down

World coming to an end?
Page 1 of 1