Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coshocton Tribune forum..........

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

Coshocton Tribune forum.......... Empty
PostSubject: Coshocton Tribune forum..........   Coshocton Tribune forum.......... EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 4:16 pm

I am so glad there is now a place for locals to get together and discuss issues of interrest. All politics is local ain't it?

This certainly is not possible at the Coshocton Tribune forum, it is overly moderated by a pair of rude control freaks who have arbitrarilly proscibed the parameters of debate to a very narrow band in the spectrum of opinion, but I suppose that is to be expected of narrow minded people.

I've been "banned forever" for daring to complain to Don LaCara of my rude treatment at the hands of his gun moll Pamela James. I've sent letters of complaint about their behavior to Gannet which is the parent company that owns the Tribune. We were all better off when LOCAL papers were owned by LOCAL people who had a LOCAL interrest.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

PostSubject: My letter of complaint;   Coshocton Tribune forum.......... EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 4:20 pm

Sirs,

I recently posted an opinion at the on-line forum of the Coshocton Tribune. Several days after making the post the post was deleted and I was sent the following email from Pamela S. James;

Your posting is racist and a violation of our terms of service agreement. It
has been deleted.

When you joined this forum, you agreed not to post any abusive, obscene,
vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other
material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you
being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being
informed).

Pam James

Jimbob_Rebel

Schools already crank out millions of dummies who are worse than uneducated,they've been mis-educated. they believe that we sprang from apes, that taking away the private property rights of millions of people somehow
bestowed "equal rights" upon blacks and that redistribution of wealth at gunpoint is a fine way to run a republic.Schools certainly play their role in keeping the poor poor, in keeping people dumb and content with the excuse we have for government, but if you were really concerned about opressing the poor you would at least demand that the fed stop inflating the dollar which is destroying all our wealth and you might even start making some noise about replacing our fait currency with a currency backed by something of value like gold or silver.

There was obviously nothing "racist" about my post, it being a legitimate political opinion among many, including Rep. Ron Paul, that the Civil Rights Act of '64 unconstitutionally trampled the private property rights and right to private contract of millions of americans.

Well, I fowarded Ms.James' letter to Len LaCara along with the following letter of explanation;

Mr. LaCara,

I'm not even going to ask why I am receiving harassing emails
from Pamela S. James, she's your problem, not mine,I just want it to stop.

Thankyou, ~Jimbob

To which, I received the following reply;

By reposting a item that was deleted, it is clear that you have no intention
of keeping your promise to abide by our terms of service. That promise
includes your acknowledgement that "the webmaster, administrator and
moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any
topic at any time should they see fit."

You are permanently banned from this forum.
--
Len LaCara
Managing Editor

It is blatantly obvious that my post was removed originally for no legitimate reason and therefore it does not constitute a violation of terms of service to re-post the information. What really concerns me is that these two clowns who are so arbitrary in their actions are not putting forth an honest effort to serve either to the community served by the Coshocton Tribune or their employers. Do you think that people who are treated in such cavalier fashion are going to be eager to either subscribe to your paper or to advertise in it? I would apreciate some corrective action on the part of Gannet because the people of Cochocton deserve better.

Best Regards,

I sent the email to the following web address which I am not sure is the correct place to send it but it's all I could find.

gcishare@gannett.com <gcishare@gannett.com>
Back to top Go down
LEAD

LEAD

PostSubject: Re: Coshocton Tribune forum..........   Coshocton Tribune forum.......... EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 4:21 pm

Good Post Rebel
Back to top Go down
LEAD

LEAD

PostSubject: Re: Coshocton Tribune forum..........   Coshocton Tribune forum.......... EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 3:11 pm

I just love there leading story today and today's headline is jumping rope. How lame is that and with all what is going on in this world we get jumping rope.
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: Coshocton Tribune forum..........   Coshocton Tribune forum.......... EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 3:13 pm

It's for the Sleep sheep.
Back to top Go down
papa

papa

PostSubject: Re: Coshocton Tribune forum..........   Coshocton Tribune forum.......... EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 10:05 pm

I was banned from there a couple of times, I just made new accounts with different E-mail addy. Did they IP ban you? But I do agree they are a lil strict for me, I dont think they like my style..................... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

PostSubject: I.P. ban..........   Coshocton Tribune forum.......... EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 11:49 pm

papa wrote:
I was banned from there a couple of times, I just made new accounts with different E-mail addy. Did they IP ban you? But I do agree they are a lil strict for me, I dont think they like my style..................... Laughing

I don't think they banned my I.P., but they home in on my M.O. so quick that it's hardly worthwhile trying.
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: Coshocton Tribune forum..........   Coshocton Tribune forum.......... EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 12:18 pm

The thought police are always hard at work. Wait till the hate crimes bill gets pass, noone will beable to voice an opinion. Once this passes you will see all the forums closed down, even the trib's.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

PostSubject: This is why.........   Coshocton Tribune forum.......... EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 12:43 pm

madcow wrote:
The thought police are always hard at work. Wait till the hate crimes bill gets pass, noone will beable to voice an opinion. Once this passes you will see all the forums closed down, even the trib's.

I'm on another forum which is oriented towards "prepping" and we've been kicking around all getting set up with 20m HAM radios. This way, if one area is shut down like New Orleans was, where no one could get word out because land lines were down as well as cell towers, we could still let the world know what is going on and people wouldn't have to rely upon media disinformation. It would be nice to be able to get a warning out if Canadian troops are confiscating guns and arresting everyone on a govt. list.
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: Coshocton Tribune forum..........   Coshocton Tribune forum.......... EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 8:01 pm

Good ideal, I might think about getting one. Let me know what the cost would be to get one and how to set it up. I have never had one, so I don't know anything about them.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

PostSubject: Newb here...........   Coshocton Tribune forum.......... EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 12:37 am

madcow wrote:
Good ideal, I might think about getting one. Let me know what the cost would be to get one and how to set it up. I have never had one, so I don't know anything about them.

I'm a dreadfull newb on this topic myself, but I'll certainly be sharing whatever I learn!
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: Coshocton Tribune forum..........   Coshocton Tribune forum.......... EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 7:28 pm

Len might as well lock serious stuff, without us, serious stuff will no longer be addressed. silent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coshocton Tribune forum..........   Coshocton Tribune forum.......... Empty

Back to top Go down

Coshocton Tribune forum..........
Page 1 of 1