Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

More lies on the Tribune forum...........

Go down 
+6
papa
speedy911911911
eaglesniper00
LEAD
madcow
Jimbob_Rebel
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

More lies on the Tribune forum........... Empty
PostSubject: More lies on the Tribune forum...........   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 5:20 pm

now, this is almost funny. Yesterday a post was deleted by one of the obergrupenfuhrers over there and madcow asked about missing posts. Well, sunseeker and another poster were quick to assure madcow that whatever the post was about, it was most assuredly a violation of the T.O.S.! affraid

Hogwash, Rolling Eyes the post was a link to a profile of author Thomas Chittum and it did not by any way,shape, or form, violate the T.O.S..

People who don't know answers to questions should refrain from making stuff up as they go along.

I'd apreciate it if one of y'all who are still alowed within the people's glorious republic could let madcow know the post was about Thomas Chittum. Thanx.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

PostSubject: UPDATE;   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 12:21 am

Bengalfan had the following to add in the thread discussing the nature of posts which have been vanished down the memory hole;

"The editorial board and staff. They reserve the right to remove any material, especially if it might lead to a law suit."

Law suit? What is this guy smoking? Laughing I guess this is some kind of new propaganda initiative. Someone else posted over there that it were it not for the threat of lawsuits, free speech would prevail! What utter nonsense! Do they think we're all low wattage dimbulbs? And the media is the watchdog of democracy? If so, then it's been neutered and de-fanged. Did George III ever get around to suing the founding fathers for portraying him as a tyrant in the Declaration of Independance? It's no wonder the republic is in the shape it's in. Mad
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: More lies on the Tribune forum...........   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 2:12 am

Thanks for the info. I was a little affraid to start posting here. Because of what goes on in the trib forum. Not sure what I will get myself into here. But I'll give it a try. I like what I have seen so far.
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: More lies on the Tribune forum...........   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 2:13 am

I really love this, I would love to use it myself as a sig. flower

The men the American public admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth. ~H.L. Mencken
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

PostSubject: Re: More lies on the Tribune forum...........   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 4:44 am

madcow wrote:
I really love this, I would love to use it myself as a sig. flower

The men the American public admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth. ~H.L. Mencken

Madcow, it's yours,i'm sure you'll make Mr.Mencken proud. I'll pick a different sig line myself, it's no trouble as I tend to get restless and change them on ocassion anyhow.

Good to see you here by the way.

This should prove an interresting forum. I'm sure we're all accustomed to more in the way of "moderation", but if everyone understands what a blessing this is, accepts ahead of time that they are going to read things from others which they are not going to agree with, and realizes that you can disagree with someone without condemning them as a person, it should work out pretty well. This doesn't often happen but everyone's common experience with Generalisimo LaCara's bannanna republic should have driven home just how bad the alternative can be.
Back to top Go down
LEAD

LEAD

PostSubject: Re: More lies on the Tribune forum...........   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 3:42 pm

Yes madcow don't be afraid to post here I just hope you can get my blood boiling like you do on the that other forum.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

PostSubject: Where do we keep the barf bags?   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 4:07 pm

http://forums.coshoctontribune.com/viewtopic.php?t=9686

sunseeker "Len's forum; Len's rules."

bengalfan "The LEN-Na-Nator; He'll be back!"

We're not often treated to such a perfect textbook example of shameless, servile toadying. jocolor

and we've aparently had visitors;

bengalfan "Voices from beyond......"
Laughing

Hard to believe this country was settled by fiercely independant frontiersmen. No
Back to top Go down
LEAD

LEAD

PostSubject: Re: More lies on the Tribune forum...........   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 4:45 pm

Yes Len's rules which of course is so ridiculous that you cannot even say the word crap. And if you wish to express your views on that forum you take the chance of having it edited or removed because the tribune does not agree with it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

PostSubject: My guess...........   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 4:51 pm

LEAD wrote:
Yes Len's rules which of course is so ridiculous that you cannot even say the word crap. And if you wish to express your views on that forum you take the chance of having it edited or removed because the tribune does not agree with it.

It might be that the forum gives the "Len-na-nator" a chance to pretend that he's a REAL newspaper editor with a bunch of people to boss around and a lot of "important" editorial decisions to make. lol!
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: More lies on the Tribune forum...........   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 8:07 pm

Did anyone read my report on du weapons? This is one that makes my blood boil. Du weapons should not be used. It was under Nuclear War, and that is what it is. For Nancy it is the books, for me it's du weapons.

It will be interesting once a few poster come on here. Because they won't have Len to kiss their butts any more. No

<tribune does not agree with it.> the tribune or just Len and his team of reporters?
Back to top Go down
eaglesniper00

eaglesniper00

PostSubject: Re: More lies on the Tribune forum...........   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 8:26 pm

LEAD wrote:

agreed 100%
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

PostSubject: DU and sucking up.............   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 12:13 am

madcow wrote:
Did anyone read my report on du weapons? This is one that makes my blood boil. Du weapons should not be used. It was under Nuclear War, and that is what it is. For Nancy it is the books, for me it's du weapons.

It will be interesting once a few poster come on here. Because they won't have Len to kiss their butts any more. No

<tribune does not agree with it.> the tribune or just Len and his team of reporters?

I've read what David Hackworth and Thomas Chittum wrote about D.U., scarey stuff. If it's true in every specific then there are a lot of unindicted war criminals floating around this country.

More lies on the Tribune forum........... ORDERS

Well, why couldn't Len be here to kiss the back sides of his henchmen? I don't claim to know the Admin's thoughts on this subject, and it's up to him whether he'd let Len in here, but I really wouldn't mind having a chance to leave Len's weltanshaung a glowing,ash strewn,barren, wasteland with my precision guided WMD's(words of mass destruction). Twisted Evil (although, it might be too late to do what may have,judging from my experience with those people, already been accomplished)

Still, if I had to bet my money one way or the other, I wouldn't bet on seeing Len or his cronies over here where they do not have the ability to set parameters of debate through censorship and use of the banhammer.

More lies on the Tribune forum........... Banhammer2
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: More lies on the Tribune forum...........   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 3:44 am

Maybe I said it wrong, but what I meant was if they do come over here, they won't beable to report on us, and they won't have Len's backing.
Back to top Go down
speedy911911911

speedy911911911

PostSubject: Re: More lies on the Tribune forum...........   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 2:42 pm

We need to figure out how to get more people over here. I like the idea of this forum much better!
Ahh... freedom of speech at last!
bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/speedy911911911
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: More lies on the Tribune forum...........   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 2:59 pm

I'm hoping to see Bushlovesoil on here. Wondering what happen to scaryharry on the other side. Have not seen him post anymore.
Back to top Go down
LEAD

LEAD

PostSubject: Re: More lies on the Tribune forum...........   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 3:22 pm

I think they are afraid to come here only the brave come here to express there true side
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

PostSubject: I am ScareyHarry.............   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 3:48 pm

madcow wrote:
I'm hoping to see Bushlovesoil on here. Wondering what happen to scaryharry on the other side. Have not seen him post anymore.

E.O.M. Very Happy ScareyHarry was unceremoniously deleted by the Generalissimo.
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: More lies on the Tribune forum...........   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 3:54 pm

Lead, did you see the love letter Len left you about copy rights?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

PostSubject: This loveletter.......   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 7:41 pm

"Just wondering, Lead ... what will you do when somebody posts copyrighted material or information that cannot be conveyed, reproduced or copied unless permission has been given by its owner?"

That's hilarious...........he mentions the one legitimate function he's filled over there as a moderator. It's likely also what he does the least since he's so busy keeping everything on a third grade level over there, banning people and deleting posts which run counter to his own personal views.

On a more serious note, Lead, if Rudyard Kipling writes to complain of my posting his poetry I'll remove it myself. Laughing

Also, for posting copywrited articles, it's generally o.k. to post, not the article in it's entirety, but a paragraph or so to give the reader an idea as to what the article is about and post the link along with it. That's the model I followed over at the Tribune Forum and no one objected over that.

Still, it's not bloody likely that anyone is going to pop over here and raise a stink about it.
Back to top Go down
papa

papa

PostSubject: Re: More lies on the Tribune forum...........   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 10:12 pm

crap crap crap Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

did I mention crap Question
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: More lies on the Tribune forum...........   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 11:58 pm

I heard that when you get banned, you also get a threat that he will notify your server? Is this true?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

PostSubject: It is true.............   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 12:42 am

madcow wrote:
I heard that when you get banned, you also get a threat that he will notify your server? Is this true?

This was in my warning letter when my post was removed;

"When you joined this forum, you agreed not to post any abusive, obscene,
vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other
material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you
being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being
informed)."

Guess what, I havn't heard a peep out of my service provider. Money talks, B.S. walks, I pay my bills so go figure how this story ends. What a Face
Back to top Go down
attack-cat

attack-cat

PostSubject: Re: More lies on the Tribune forum...........   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 11:55 am

Are they going to contact your service provider and cry about how mean you are and that you dare to tell the truth on public forums? lol! Madcow, we have Wildblue and they haven't said anything about being contacted by the Tribune after Jimbob was banned. I think its just the doodoo birds fluffing their feathers tryin' to get attention.
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: More lies on the Tribune forum...........   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 11:57 am

I don't think anyone's server would really care about what you post in a forum.

But I'm sure we are now all on the FBI's no fly list lol!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob_Rebel

Jimbob_Rebel

PostSubject: Oh, I'm sure..........   More lies on the Tribune forum........... EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 12:31 pm

I'm sure I'm on the gestapo's "no fly" list, but I'd decided that when they started treating paying customers like terrorists that they weren't getting any of my buisiness anyhow. I can remember when the airlines treated paying customers like they were somebody, not so anymore. If I need to go somewhere I'll drive or take the train...........maybe, in the gravest extreme, I'd contract with a private pilot and take a cesna or something, but I won't be treated like a kulak by the T.S.A. goons. This is all about power and making the people submit, not safety. If it were about safety they wouldn't have made it so difficult for pilots to qualify for the Federal Flight Deck Officer program which "allows" pilots to carry guns. Israel doesn't have the problems we have because they have an armed IDF soldier on EVERY flight. We only have an airmarshal on international flights and flights going into or out of Washington, D.C.. Tells you what our perfect masters value the most.........their own hides.

Becky Akers over at LewRockwell.com has written some blistering diatribes about the abuses of Govt. goons in our airports. If anyone would care to check out her stuff just click on "archives" and then, I think they call them "contributing writers" and they have all the authors listed alphabetically.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More lies on the Tribune forum...........   More lies on the Tribune forum........... Empty

Back to top Go down

More lies on the Tribune forum...........
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next