Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things!

Go down 
+4
rotorgirl
LEAD
attack-cat
speedshooter
8 posters
AuthorMessage
speedshooter

come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things! Empty
PostSubject: come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things!   come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things! EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 4:10 pm

Shoot some breeze!
Back to top Go down
attack-cat

attack-cat

come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things! Empty
PostSubject: Re: come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things!   come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things! EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 5:18 pm

You know the truth? I'm intrigued! So why did they get rid of layaway?
Back to top Go down
speedshooter

PostSubject: Re: come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things!   come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things! EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 5:38 pm

From what I know ( I didn't go to the "town"meeting, but other employees did), the bigshots said it was because of people putting layaways in and not taking them out until the price was marked way down, which would lose the company money. For example, if we got in 100 Elmos and 75 of them were put on layaway, but only 25 people picked up their layaway before x-mas, then the other 50 would go back out onto the floor AFTER the big sale rush, so they wouldn't sell as good and would continually be marked down. Even if all of these sold, the company said they were losing billions of dollars in sales because of the price difference between before x-mas vs. after x-mas (or any other big shopping season)...There were several customers who did this all the time and would just sit and wait for their merchandise do go way down in $, and then they would come in and get it out, and sometimes they would get $ back because they had paid too much on it....I wish they would have let all of the stores choose to keep it or boot it....Places like Columbus, Cleveland, etc. really don't need them because of the wide selections of stores people can shop @, but places like Coshocton should have been allowed to keep them because of the economy and the ruralness of this area...I know ALOT of people did their X-mas shopping @ Wal-Mart...many of the families would come in, put the minimum down payment in and then when they got their x-mas bonus, they would pay the rest of it off...I know of several families that did $2000-3000 layaways....but that's the bigshots for YA!
Back to top Go down
attack-cat

attack-cat

PostSubject: Re: come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things!   come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things! EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 9:33 am

Thanks for the info there! I used the layaway at Christmas time. It was easier than bringing it home and stepping over it until December! LOL

How about the guns? I don't mind that they stopped selling guns since I like to see Woodbury Outfitters gets more business but it seems like Walmart sold alot of shotguns. You'd think they would keep selling something that sold well.
Back to top Go down
speedshooter

PostSubject: Re: come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things!   come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things! EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 9:45 am

That's one thing I really didn't hear much on....management just came to us one day and said "@ such and such date, we will no longer be selling guns"....They didn't really say why though....If I can remember rightly, I think some other stores were keeping them because their sales were better than ours, but then I heard that all but us and the Millersburg store were going to get rid of their fabrics because we had the best sales.....But that was like 6 months ago and most stores I've been to still have them....
Back to top Go down
LEAD

LEAD

PostSubject: Re: come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things!   come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things! EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 11:23 am

I guess I did not even know they stopped selling guns. I wonder if Kmart still does
Back to top Go down
rotorgirl

PostSubject: Re: come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things!   come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things! EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 7:58 pm

Ok folks.please don't beat me to bad on this, but I have to say a good thing about the Coshocton Super Wal-Mart.
I was in it last fall..Have to say it was a very nice store, compared to some I have been in.......Clean, good selection, the produce looks very nice. People working there seemed nice enough........hey they speak real good english!!!!!!! Could get a nothing, or a nada like I do here........or worse yet, the clerk doesn't speak to you, thank-God for those little debit card machines......

Sorry about the lay a away thing.I never used that system, but I could see where it would helpful.
But then you got to remember, you have walmart all over the country, and then you have people laying away and never coming back, so its a big loss.........then the good people that want to benefit from it get, would pay and pick up there items get the shaft because of the idiots that abused the benefit........
sorry you folks lost that benefit........maybe if enough people locally request walmart might offer it locally, like only having a 2 week hold limit, as most people get a pay check in 2 weeks......never know might work, or the lesser, they say no.
Back to top Go down
nsaids_nurse420

PostSubject: Re: come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things!   come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things! EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 12:11 am

with the gas and food prices now, by christmas time, we won't have a christmas. most of the employees haven't had a raise in several years now, food and gas has gone up. mighty, mighty thin line for christmas. maybe our bonus, instead of 40.00 we used to get, last year it was 20. maybe this year it will be 0. doesn't matter, what will 20 bucks buy now anyway? whole town and country has gone to SHIT. next, i'm sure they will be taking our benefits away, they only post jobs now that are part time, without benefits. i hate this shit hole town. anyways back to the point of wally world. coshocton walmart is the most expensive walmart i've ever been to. go to phila, cambridge, zville, millersburg, massillon. you will save tremendously at these stores. for some reason, coshocton jacks the hell out of the prices. you will never pay as much there as you do here. then again, who wants to spend the gas to go to these affordable wal marts? i feel like a damn prisoner in this damn shit hole of a town.
Back to top Go down
speedshooter

PostSubject: Re: come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things!   come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things! EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 1:25 am

The reason the prices are so high is because they have know competition. If you look at all those other cities, they have K-marts, Targets, and other shopping centers to compete with....
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things!   come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 7:10 pm

I shop at Wally World alot, but I know I shouldn't because they have drove alot of small mom and pop places out. But where else in Coshocton can you find what you need. What surprise me though is what I can't find in Coshocton. Like Barbie doll shoes, and once I need a elastic guide and had to go to zanesville to get one. They don't have alot of the sewing notions that the old one had. I was looking for suction cup holders for hanging my garland and couldn't find any.

I am also looking for terry cloth rompers, remember those, you just slipped them on, and I loved cleaning in them. I have two very old ones but won't throw them out, because you can't find them. Wal-marts don't even carry terry cloth so I can make me some new ones. Last summer I was looking for those tube tops, and they don't carry those any more. Great for wearing outside when you are working around in the heat. Another thing I can't find in town are skorts. Can't even find a pattern to make them. So I guess I will have to wear my olds ones.
Back to top Go down
FreeBird

PostSubject: Re: come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things!   come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things! EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 1:17 pm

Why did Walmart drop their policy "if it scans wrong, it's free (or if it's more than $3.00, $3.00 off)?

That's the customer's ONLY defense against intentional mispricing.
Back to top Go down
Been There

PostSubject: Re: come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things!   come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things! EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 7:32 pm

FreeBird wrote:
Why did Walmart drop their policy "if it scans wrong, it's free (or if it's more than $3.00, $3.00 off)?

That's the customer's ONLY defense against intentional mispricing.

When did they stop that? I thought it was still their policy (although you almost always need management to get the $3 off)
Back to top Go down
speedshooter

PostSubject: Re: come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things!   come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 3:40 pm

I've only worked there four years, but I have never heard about that policy (are you sure it wasn't K-Mart, Target,etc?)...If it did exist, the reason I would say for them getting rid of it is because of the customers switiching prices ( and not everyone does that, but you wouldn't believe the numbers)....for example, the other day, I had a gentleman come through my line with a snow-cone maker. I rang it up and it came up $23 and some change...the gentleman about had a hissy fit and I tried to page for assistance for another associate to get a price for me (still no answer), so I went and look for it myself. What had happened was that another customer had picked up the $23 machine and there was a smaller $14 machine a few spaces down on the shelf, so they set the more expensive one down in the cheaper one's spot and picked up the cheaper one...which in turn this gentleman picked up thinking it was the cheaper price. Working in retail, I have learned to compare UPC on the label to the tag on the shelf to make sure the prices are right, but a lot of people don't think of that and think they are getting a good deal and just grab it and go....I agree we don't have enough help, but that situation is out of us general employees' hands....we cover as much area as we can and hope for the best.....Also, there are customers out there who will pull the red and white clearance sticker off of one item and try to put them on another to get the more expensive item for that price
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things!   come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things! Empty

Back to top Go down

come on ya all!...Let's have a bitch session about Wal-Mart and I will try to set the record straight on some things!
Page 1 of 1