Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wal-Mart and there so call $4.00 pills!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
madcow

madcow

Wal-Mart and there so call $4.00 pills! Empty
PostSubject: Wal-Mart and there so call $4.00 pills!   Wal-Mart and there so call $4.00 pills! EmptyWed May 21, 2008 12:32 am

Last year I went to Wal-Marts to get my pills, $4.00 right, wrong, so I just went a year with out my pills, my thinking was I would rather die than to be treated that way again, because they were so rude and said my prescriptions were not written right, even though I took there list with me, just so the doctor could make sure they were on their list. The one thing that was upsetting, was they never offered to call the doctors office to get it straightened out for me, they were just rude!

So after a year I went back to the doctor and he wrote me out new prescriptions, again went to Wal-marts, $4.00 wrong again over 200.00. So I went to Walgreens came out with all my meds for a three month supply for 60.00. I did have to pay 20.00 for joining the program, but well worth it, the staff was great, and they are even going to try and get insulin on there plan. I have not been taking my insulin since I lost my insurance a year ago, because what insulin we have been getting I’ve been letting my husband use it. I was afiard to use any of it just in case he would run out. So I’m hoping they will put insulin in there plan. Thank God after July he will have coverage for his meds. That way I can use the insulin I can get, without the fear of running out.

Anyone having the same problem with Wally World and there so called $4.00 meds?
Back to top Go down
rotorgirl

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart and there so call $4.00 pills!   Wal-Mart and there so call $4.00 pills! EmptySat May 24, 2008 8:48 pm

MC:girl you know better than going with out your meds!

1. ask your MD for company samples. if they are aware you are in need they can order more from the drug rep to assist you. A lot of those meds sit in a closet, outdate and are discarded.
2. for insulin if you use the type from Eli Lilly email their company ask if they can set up an asistance program.
3. scan the net for medication asistance. I actually was mailed a drug discount card that was good all over the USA.
4. there is a program right there in Coshocton that can help with medications based on income level. I personally assisted an elderly lady that was paying over $300a month for her meds, got them down to $7 a month. It took a little leg work and research but I did it.
5. walmart is to provide a list of medications that is in the $4 price range, I agree walgreens does better.
6. Md's can write a script to provide an equilivant to the more expensive meds.
7. check with some of the larger supermarkets like Kroger, Meijer they may also have a discount program, you may have to drive to newark.zanesville or columbus, but it may well be worth it.

Hope those may have helped some others also.
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart and there so call $4.00 pills!   Wal-Mart and there so call $4.00 pills! EmptySat May 24, 2008 10:54 pm

Thanks, for your help. I was getting insulin but was letting my husband use most of it, because I was not sure when we would get another batch. You know nurses are the worst about taking care of themselves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wal-Mart and there so call $4.00 pills!   Wal-Mart and there so call $4.00 pills! Empty

Back to top Go down

Wal-Mart and there so call $4.00 pills!
Page 1 of 1