Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This place is going to the animals

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
attack-cat

attack-cat

This place is going to the animals Empty
PostSubject: This place is going to the animals   This place is going to the animals EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 12:15 pm

Its rapidly becoming the cat and cow show here ...... someone post damn it!!!!!! What a Face

Jobs going okay? Family happy? (Tapping computer screen) hey anyone out there? Speak to me!!!!! scratch
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: This place is going to the animals   This place is going to the animals EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 1:16 pm

How do you like having our own forum cat? Even the guys who set this thing up do not post.
Back to top Go down
CoshoctonTaxpayer

CoshoctonTaxpayer

PostSubject: Re: This place is going to the animals   This place is going to the animals EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 2:42 pm

Everything is going great here.......i still work.......my baby is growing......ive just been really busy. Hows everybody else?
Back to top Go down
attack-cat

attack-cat

PostSubject: Re: This place is going to the animals   This place is going to the animals EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 3:31 pm

Hey there Madcow! cheers Maybe we can get them to rename it Critter Corner or something! Laughing

CoshoctonTaxpayer! I'm glad to hear your youngin is doing good! They grow fast! Everything is fine here. The strawberry plants are growing (but they may need swimfins) and the hens and the family is doing good. The hens hae been delighting in the redworms that come out in the rain. Wet chickens smell like a wet featherpilows so the coop stinks! Not that it usually smells pretty!
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

PostSubject: Re: This place is going to the animals   This place is going to the animals EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 8:50 pm

Can't wait for the strawberrys to come on. I have a freind who has some plants. My peas are coming up. And my plants I started are also starting to come up.
Back to top Go down
speedy911911911

speedy911911911

PostSubject: Re: This place is going to the animals   This place is going to the animals EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 8:18 am

I've got 22 tomato plants in the ground and also planted 5 upside down hanging tomato plants since the second week of april.
Won't be long now!

Anyone ever try hanging tomato plants upside down? A lot of people down here tell me that is the way to go... and after reading up on it I am giving it a try this year. So far, the plants I have planted upside down are just kicking butt!

Advantages are, you don't have to stake them and it is nearly impossible for critters and pests to get to them. And if you should run into a cold snap, instead of covering plants, you can simply bring them in for the night. This would give you an edge to planting early. Also this keeps fruit from laying on the ground and preventing rot.

Everyone down here tells me for the best results to use the natural coconut weave style planter. I bought mine at Dollar General with hangers for 5 bucks. Wallyworld has them for $7.00.

Maybe later in the year I can post some pictures of how mine turned out. Just in case, I still have plenty planted in the ground that are doing well... but I am really impressed with the hanging ones so far!

Another popular way is to use 5 gallon buckets. Good results, but not nearly as attractive.

If anyone cares to try, here is the information with step by step instructions...with pics. Just keep clicking on next step and it will walk you trhough the entire process.

Hanging coco basket:

http://www.instructables.com/id/how-to-plant-hanging-upsidedown-tomatoes/

5 gallon bucket:

http://www.upsidedowntomatoplant.com/

http://urbangardencasual.com/2008/05/27/upside-down-tomatoes/

This has become a very popular way to plant tomatoes in these parts over the last couple of years. To heck with that infomercial on tv about those silly topsy turvey upside down tomato pants... twenty bucks per plant! Sheesh!

Good luck to anyone who wishes to give this a try!
Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/speedy911911911
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This place is going to the animals   This place is going to the animals Empty

Back to top Go down

This place is going to the animals
Page 1 of 1