Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

whos has a garden?

Go down 
+2
madcow
CoshoctonTaxpayer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CoshoctonTaxpayer

CoshoctonTaxpayer

whos has a garden? Empty
PostSubject: whos has a garden?   whos has a garden? EmptyWed May 20, 2009 12:46 am

Who has planted one and what did you plant?
Back to top Go down
madcow

madcow

whos has a garden? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whos has a garden?   whos has a garden? EmptyWed May 20, 2009 1:48 am

I went up to the garden and my plants are not looking too good. I watered them and crossed my fingers. My garden is at a friends house.
Back to top Go down
easyrider

easyrider

whos has a garden? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whos has a garden?   whos has a garden? EmptyWed May 20, 2009 2:28 am

I planted everything on the 11th of May and we've had a frost 3 times since then..I was able to wash the frost off each time fortunately..I just have 'maters,onions,radishes,and 3 kinds of peppers..
Back to top Go down
attack-cat

attack-cat

whos has a garden? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whos has a garden?   whos has a garden? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 4:10 pm

We've been putting more time into the trees this year. I keep finding them on sale affraid I have one apple tree, one cherry tree, a grape vine and a pair of pawpaw trees coming still. They were all on clearance from Gurney. We added two pawpaws, two mulberries, one cherry tree, 6 cherry bushes, and three native plums. I'm not sure where the ones that aren't here yet will go but i'll worry about that when they get here. And I got some red raspberry and thornless blackberry plants.

The garden is three tomato plants, some squash (not up yet) and some strawberry plants. I had planned a big garden but the garden area is still a mess. We took down the 36 foot above ground pool and the aluminum decking and huge I-beams are still in the way. The pool came with the place and it was disgusting. I'm killing some more grass to plant some carrots and onions. And a good friend has offered us some taters! I'll get Jim to bring up the tires from the snake barn and the taters can grow in those. He lets two or three black snakes live in the lower garage ... I won't go in there. Snakes..... ewwwww.... nasty.

And I found a grape vine in the weeds/blackberry brambles. The old owner even had a wire trellis for it. The frost burned the leaves off it so I don't know if it will survive or not.
Back to top Go down
speedy911911911

speedy911911911

whos has a garden? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whos has a garden?   whos has a garden? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:31 pm

I planted 24 tomato plants this year and that is all I planted.
Yes... I love tomatos.
My plants in the ground are all between 4 and 5 feet tall now and loaded with green tomatos. It won't be long now!
Of course we can start planting a lot earlier down here.
I also planted 5 plants upside down in coconut weave hanging planters and they are also doing great!

On another note... there are a lot of wild dewberries down here. they look a lot like a blackberry and taste like them too... only they are much bigger. I picked a 5 gallon bucket full in about 2 hours. It is going to make some really good homeade wine!
Cheers!
whos has a garden? 724162
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/speedy911911911
attack-cat

attack-cat

whos has a garden? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whos has a garden?   whos has a garden? EmptyFri May 22, 2009 11:58 pm

Speedy, your tomato plants make me sick! Laughing I think one of my plants may survive the frost we had a few days ago!
Back to top Go down
grooveykindoflove

grooveykindoflove

whos has a garden? Empty
PostSubject: I share   whos has a garden? EmptyTue May 26, 2009 8:19 am

My neighbor and I share a garden. So far we have lettuce (different kinds) tomatoes, brocoli, asparagus, beans, peas, strawberrys, raspberrys and okra. We are not done yet, I still have brussel sprouts and some other little things but I was waiting for the last frost, damn Ohio weather.
Back to top Go down
speedy911911911

speedy911911911

whos has a garden? Empty
PostSubject: Howdya like dem fer maters? Em er sum nice fuckin maters!   whos has a garden? EmptyTue May 26, 2009 11:16 pm

[img]whos has a garden? Tomato1[/img]
Tomatoes along the back wall in front of the woods

[img]whos has a garden? Tomato2[/img]
Tmatoes in planted in Krasco basket

[img]whos has a garden? Tomato3[/img]
Upside Down Hanging Tomaotes... an expiriment going well so far...

whos has a garden? Tomato6

whos has a garden? 2Day1
Day one upside down expiriment

whos has a garden? 1Day1
Day One hanging upside down expiriment

[img]whos has a garden? Tomato4[/img]
Tomaotes palnted in the flower bed by the tool shed

[img]whos has a garden? Tomato5[/img]
Tomatoes in Krasco planter

[img]whos has a garden? Mushroom1[/img]
Bocephus checking out some wild shrooms growing in the yard...

tongue
Back to top Go down
speedy911911911

speedy911911911

whos has a garden? Empty
PostSubject: Tomatoes   whos has a garden? EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 11:41 am

I picked my first two tomatoes yesterday!
They were only cherry tomatoes... but I have a big one that should be ready by tomorrow.
cherry
Back to top Go down
attack-cat

attack-cat

whos has a garden? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whos has a garden?   whos has a garden? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 1:36 pm

Your maters are beautiful! I'm green! One of mine has a tomato on it and the plant is about kneehigh. The other two the frost set back ... way back. Love your deck and the gorgeous bulldog too!

I planted some watermelon and pumpkin seeds this morning in a weed free spot in the pasture. The pumpkins are mainly for the chickens. They love pumpkins! The squash came up - two spaghetti and one zuchini. So I need to plant more zukes. We had a handful of strawberries the other day! The grape vine arrived yesterday but I want to get past the bad storms tonight before I plant it. The plant is really tall and I don't want to have it break before I can get a t-post next to it.

We bought a 1540 Massey Ferguson tractor last week. It will be here this week! No more trying to find someone to bush hog this place for us! Right now Massey has zero percent interest for 6 years. And the local deaelr, Bluck, is filling the tires with fluid and delivering it for free! The other brands wanted $350.00 just to fill it and more to deliver. So if anyone knows anyone with a tiller or other cool three-point hitch implements that they want to sell let me know!
Back to top Go down
speedy911911911

speedy911911911

whos has a garden? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whos has a garden?   whos has a garden? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 11:33 pm

CoshoctonTaxpayer wrote:
Who has planted one and what did you plant?

Ok taxpayer... you started this topic...
So what did you plant?
Did you plant anything???
... besides your thumb up your butt?
scratch
When I sent you a message and asked if you could start some new and exciting topics on here, or do something to liven the plac up a bit... because things were getting a little lame around here... this is the best you could do???
C'mon...
I'd expect something this lame out of Len... lol
Grow a sack already!
affraid

Do I have to do everything?
bounce

Sheesh!

LOL

If this was your idea of something exciting and new... at least show us you planted something...
...or maybe you smoked it already?
lol!

Last edited by speedy911911911 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
speedy911911911

speedy911911911

whos has a garden? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whos has a garden?   whos has a garden? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 11:37 pm

[quote="attack-cat"]Your maters are beautiful! I'm green! One of mine has a tomato on it and the plant is about kneehigh. The other two the frost set back ... way back. Love your deck and the gorgeous bulldog too! quote]

Well thank you.
I really like my little corner of the world down here in Alabama.
Deck has a nice view of our lake and has a nice little jacuzzi on it too.
The bulldog... "Bocephus" is my buddy!
Back to top Go down
CoshoctonTaxpayer

CoshoctonTaxpayer

whos has a garden? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whos has a garden?   whos has a garden? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 11:51 pm

I didn't plant a garden this year. Between my 3 jobs and raising a new baby, I am busy enough. Plus last year my tomato plants grew about 5 feet tall but the deer were vicious and ate the plants almost every night. The carrots only grew 3 inches long but they were about 10 inches around. My yard is so rocky. The greens beans grew but i don't eat them.
Back to top Go down
speedy911911911

speedy911911911

whos has a garden? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whos has a garden?   whos has a garden? EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 2:04 pm

CoshoctonTaxpayer wrote:
I didn't plant a garden this year. Between my 3 jobs and raising a new baby, I am busy enough. Plus last year my tomato plants grew about 5 feet tall but the deer were vicious and ate the plants almost every night. The carrots only grew 3 inches long but they were about 10 inches around. My yard is so rocky. The greens beans grew but i don't eat them.

Well...
I guess I can understand that... and can at least give you a pass on the garden.
But if you are raisng a new baby... then it sounds like you at least planted something!
lol!
Back to top Go down
CoshoctonTaxpayer

CoshoctonTaxpayer

whos has a garden? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whos has a garden?   whos has a garden? EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 1:27 am

yea i planted the baby seed. and boy o boy is she growing up fast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

whos has a garden? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whos has a garden?   whos has a garden? Empty

Back to top Go down

whos has a garden?
Page 1 of 1