Coshocton
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Coshocton

Anything goes discussion forum about the great town of Coshocton, Oh

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

what is the world coming to?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ironic_jewel

ironic_jewel

what is the world coming to? Empty
PostSubject: what is the world coming to?   what is the world coming to? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 1:30 am

I was in at Wal-Mart today and I over heard a worker that was talking to a manager and she was talking about how her Aunt past away. I over heard the manager say there is nothing we can do. you have to work? I thought walmart was a family business? That is such bull shit that someone that is in this workers family dies, and just becuz she doesn't have the day off she can't say her final good byes. I can see maybe not paying them BUT not to let them go? I also heard of some others that work at walmart that had family die and they couldn't go say their goodbyes. all I can say is WOW this world is cold. I bet you ten buck that if that manager's aunt died she would take the day and there would be no questions... No wonder I'm so anti wal-mart i do most of my shopping at the gas station or dallor general stores. I guess the people at walmart are just going to have to tell their loved ones when they can die so they can pay their last respects!
piss2 walmart
Back to top Go down
speedy911911911

speedy911911911

PostSubject: Re: what is the world coming to?   what is the world coming to? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 8:47 am

ironic_jewel wrote:
I was in at Wal-Mart today and I over heard a worker that was talking to a manager and she was talking about how her Aunt past away. I over heard the manager say there is nothing we can do. you have to work? I thought walmart was a family business? That is such bull shit that someone that is in this workers family dies, and just becuz she doesn't have the day off she can't say her final good byes. I can see maybe not paying them BUT not to let them go? I also heard of some others that work at walmart that had family die and they couldn't go say their goodbyes. all I can say is WOW this world is cold. I bet you ten buck that if that manager's aunt died she would take the day and there would be no questions... No wonder I'm so anti wal-mart i do most of my shopping at the gas station or dallor general stores. I guess the people at walmart are just going to have to tell their loved ones when they can die so they can pay their last respects!
piss2 walmart

It's just a fuckin' walmart for heavens sake...
Wow!
It's not like the world is going to come to a stop if Walmart is short a laborer...
It's not like they are of that much importance like a power generating station or emergency squad or something.
No
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/speedy911911911
attack-cat

attack-cat

PostSubject: Re: what is the world coming to?   what is the world coming to? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:19 pm

I use Amazon.com when I can. You can get some real deals, no tax and free shipping (on some stuff) and the bulk stuff is usually cheaper!
Back to top Go down
CoshoctonTaxpayer

CoshoctonTaxpayer

PostSubject: Re: what is the world coming to?   what is the world coming to? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:20 pm

Yea if it was my aunt, id tell Walmart to piss off.
speaking of walmart, has anyone checked out www.peopleofwalmart.com. Good for a laugh
Back to top Go down
ironic_jewel

ironic_jewel

PostSubject: Re: what is the world coming to?   what is the world coming to? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 7:09 pm

I have heard more stories on the managment at wal-mart, about how they make people pick between their job or their kids. I heard one that someone's grandparent was dying and they was calling in the family and she had to stay at wal-mart becuz they would not let her go to the hospital to say her good byes... and one about a lady who has a sick son and when he was in the hospital she worked nights, and went to the hospital with her 11 year old then back to work again cuz again they would have fired her... that is just wrong.. and i thought that Annin was bad when I worked there, I'm not even going to start on that place I have nothing good to say about any of their office help..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what is the world coming to?   what is the world coming to? Empty

Back to top Go down

what is the world coming to?
Page 1 of 1